20 November 2012

Revealed: Inside my Selfridges Lucky Bag



When I heard about the concept of the Selfridges Beauty Workshop Lucky Bag I instantly loved it. I find the whole 'beauty box' thing and the subscription element too restricting so a Lucky Bag with a one off payment really appealed to me. Also, the fact it was from Selfridges caught my eye, a brand that for me is synonymous with luxury and quality would surely nail this, wouldn't they?!

I was reasonably pleased with my Lucky Bag and judging by what some received I do think I was quite lucky!

So, what was in my Lucky Bag?


Tweezerman Matchbox 'Itty Bitty' Nail Files, Violent Eyes 'Bronze Glitterati', OCC Lip Tar, Beauty Junky strawberry face mask, St Tropez Gradual Tan sample and a Creme Brulee duck lip balm.

Tweezerman Matchbox 'Itty Bitty' Nail Files


You never know when you're going to need a nail file (or several - impromptu manicures anyone?) so this handy little packet is great for throwing into your handbag.

OCC Lip Tar 'Demure'


I adore the OCC Lip Tars and have several in my kit. They seem to be quite difficult to get hold of here in the UK so I was so pleased to find this in my Lucky Bag and the shade is absolutely gorgeous (swatch to follow).

Beauty Junky Strawberry Face Mask


I haven't tried this yet so I cannot comment on the quality of the product itself but on appearance alone this is the one item that left me deflated - it just looks tacky. Now I could be wrong in judging a book by its cover or rather a face mask by its packaging but this didn't jump out to me. 

Violent Eyes 'Bronze Glitterati' 


I've wanted to try these eye shadow transfers for some time now but the makeup artist in me is very sceptical and cynical about them however that doesn't deter my curiosity but until now the price tag did so I was really pleased to find this in my Lucky Bag and I can't wait to try them out and review them.

St Tropez Everyday Body Moisturiser Gradual Tan


I picked up a few of these with ELLE magazine earlier in the year as I find them really handy for keeping my (fake) tan topped up between applications. 

Creme Brulee Duck Lip Balm


The novelty item of the Lucky Bag, it's a glittery duck that contains a lip balm. Most people would probably find this a bit naff but I happen to like it. 


All in all I don't think my Lucky Bag was too bad and I think the concept was great if not particularly well executed. With only 1000 bags available there was an opportunity to take this to another level and really make it something you'd expect from Selfridges - this to me could really have been a Lucky Dip from Boots or Superdrug. 

Did anyone else purchase one of the Lucky Bags? If so, leave me your link below, I'd love to see what you received.

Vicky x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You got a fab lucky bag, I was sooo disappointed with mine!

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw no, what did you get in yours? x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig