6 November 2012

Review: Purity Organic Skincare

A few months ago the lovely people at Purity Organic Skincare tweeted to ask if anybody would like to try some of their products. Like many others I jumped at the chance and about a week later a package arrived for me - I had been expecting a few sample sized products so you can imagine my surprise when I received not one but six full sized products to try!

The Purity Organic skincare products are EcoCert certified, over 80% of the ingredients come from organic farming and none of the products or ingredients are tested on animals. If you'd like to know more about the ingredients used in all of the products, I'll leave a link to the Purity website below.

I have sensitive skin and as such can react quite badly to new products, particularly if they're heavily scented (Bourjois, I'm looking at you!) but Purity have taken this all into account and the products are fragrance free to avoid aggravating sensitive skin.

I always think it's best to use new skincare products for a few weeks before making a judgement (unless of course you have an allergic reaction) so after using them for quite some time, here are my thoughts.

Facial Wash 


The least aesthetically appealing of the products, the facial wash didn't exactly scream: I'll clean your skin. I've got to be honest, I like the things I use on my skin to look clean and fresh so I was hesitant to actually try this. Purity do say that given the natural ingredients in the products, they may change colour over time. 

The product itself is reasonably nice and does the job, my skin felt clean after using the facial wash though it did also make my skin feel dry - similar to if you were to wash your face with soap. The product washed off easily and left no residue behind and the dryness was soon fixed when I applied my moisturiser.

The scent is something that I'll probably repeat for every product: I do not like it at all, to the point where I didn't want it on my face. As the products are fragrance free for sensitive skin they have a natural aroma that is hard to describe but I really didn't like it - it was quite strong but thankfully didn't linger.

The facial wash was my least favourite product but is by no means a bad product, it works and it's worked well on my skin I just didn't love it.

Facial Wash - £4.99 for 150ml


Conditioning Cleansing Lotion/Makeup Remover 



I loved this cleaning lotion, everything from the texture to the way my skin felt after was exactly what I look for in a cleanser.

I started using this when my skin was having a bit of a bad patch thanks to a reaction to a foundation (the things we do for beauty!) so it had a pretty tough job and a difficult person to please but it exceeded all of my expectations and left my skin feeling cleansed, soft and refreshed.

You can remove this cleansing lotion with cotton pads or you can wash it off with warm water which is what I do. If you're using it solely as a makeup remover then I'm sure taking it off with cotton pads would be fine. Sometimes I use the cleanser to take my makeup off (not as a remover as such) and other times I apply it to my face after I've washed it - either way I find it leaves my skin very clean.

Due to the fact this product can just be wiped off I've already purchased one for my professional makeup kit to go alongside my other skincare.

As with the facial wash, I really didn't like the smell but it bothered me a lot less with the cleanser.

Conditioning Cleansing Lotion/Makeup Remover - £4.99 for 150ml



Facial Exfoliator 



Without a doubt my favourite product of the six I tried. I love a good exfoliator and I've tried several, never finding one that I like as much as my Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant however I think this may be on par with  the cult Dermalogica product for me!

This exfoliator contains ground coconut shells which give it a fantastic texture. I love exfoliators that actually feel like they're doing something, I'm not saying I was something abrasive enough to take off several layers of my face but I want something a bit gritty that feels like it's really cleaning my face and sloughing off dead skin (now isn't that an attractive image? Did you not know I'm part python?!) and I've found that most facial exfoliators are far too 'soft'.

My skin feels clean, soft and refreshed after using this exfoliator which basically ticks every box for me. You only need a small amount as a little goes a long way and I use it about twice a week.

I didn't notice the scent with the exfoliator which is a definite bonus.

Facial Exfoliator - £5.99 for 100ml


Anti-Aging Moisturiser


The first of two moisturisers I was sent, the anti-aging moisturiser is the product I've used the least, not due to the anti-aging tag (though at 22 I'd rather not think too long and hard about ageing!) but just because I didn't like how the product felt on my skin.


As you can see, the product is very thick - almost balm like in texture, yet it doesn't feel soft. I associate thick creams with a feeling of softness that I didn't really get from this - I think this may be more down to my skin type though as I recently passed this onto my Mum and she loves it!

Anti-Aging Moisturiser - £7.99 for 50ml

Anti-Aging Serum and Mask


I love this product. It's multi-purpose and can be used as a face mask or as a serum for an intensive boost to the skin.


You can see my the pot that is product is very well loved - it's jelly like in consistency which initially made me cringe slightly but once I got used to it I loved it. I apply a layer of this to my face before bed and it dries almost instantly and you can feel the serum tightening the skin. My skin feels soft and regenerated the next day and looks brighter too.

I use this as a serum about once every 10-14 days and again, a little goes a long way.

Anti-Aging Serum and Mask - £8.99 for 50ml

Regenerating Overnight Moisturiser 


Another product that I really like, this overnight moisturiser has been the main thing I've been reaching for as we make the transition into winter.


The texture and consistency are the same as the anti-aging moisturiser and similar to that of Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser though not as soft. As with the anti-aging moisturiser I don't particularly like how this feels on the skin, after massaging in I find it feels a little dry? However, with that being said I absolutely love the results! Despite not feeling particularly moisturising, my skin always feels softer and well looked after the morning after using this.


The Purity website says to apply liberally and massage in but I've found the above amount to be more than sufficient to work into my whole face.

Regenerating Overnight Moisturiser - £7.99 for 50ml

Huge thanks to the lovely people at Purity for sending me so many goodies to try out. It's been an enjoyable adventure into organic skincare for me and one I've enjoyed!!

You can find out more about Purity on the website *here* where you can also purchase all of the products mentioned. 

Purity Organic Skincare is also available from Superdrug and Holland & Barrett stores nationwide.

Have you tried organic skincare products? What are your must haves?

Vicky x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig