10 January 2013

Review: Aromatherapy Associates 'De-Stress Mind' Bath Oil


Last month I attended the BBloggers Xmas Meet Up where Aromatherapy Associates were giving a talk as well as hand massages and essential oil consultations. As part of our goodie bags we also received a sample from Aromatherapy Associates and mine was the 'De-Stress Mind' bath and shower oil*.
Do you have any idea how much I struggled to take this picture? After attempting to photograph it I certainly needed de-stressing, I can tell you!

Having worked in a salon that stocked Aromatherapy Associates products I was already familiar with the brand and their bath and shower oils. Aromatherapy and essential oils have unique properties that penetrate the mind as well as the body; the scent released by the essential oils has a direct impact on your emotional state of mind and mood.

For the past week or so I'd been having trouble getting to sleep, I've had a tonne of things going on and I've been super busy with work and as such an organiser/perfectionist I find it really hard to switch off so when things get hectic my mind goes into overdrive which makes a good nights sleep practically impossible. I'd considered many things from Jude Law films (I cannot sit through a single one without falling asleep) to something slightly stronger (whiskey anyone?) when I remembered I had the De-Stress Mind bath oil to try out.

The De-Stress Mind bath oil is designed to focus the mind and ease emotional confusion and stress, it's not designed to make you tired or to send you to sleep though I did feel myself struggling to stay awake in the bath! With essential oils you know from first scent if they're the right oil for you for that time, the oil reacts with your own body and emotional chemistry and you'll be attracted to oils that are beneficial to you at that time. 

As it's a sample size we were instructed to use the full bottle, I was going to use half a bottle but I thought 'in for a penny, in for a pound' and poured the entire bottle in. The scent filled the bathroom and I felt myself relaxing slightly before I was even in the bath! My skin felt moisturised after and I certainly felt relaxed which is exactly what I was hoping for and as such I managed to get a decent nights sleep which instantly improved my mood.

With key ingredients of wild camomile, petigrain, frankincense and rosemary, De-Stress Mind is full of naturally calming ingredients and it smells divine. 

Aromatherapy Associates do a range of different oils for different things, for example: Relax Deep, Revive, Support, Renewing and more. 

The bath oils are pricey at £37 for 55ml however you only need a tiny amount and they're well worth the investment. If you're unsure of which oil to choose, miniature sizes are also available.

Have you tried the Aromatherapy Associates bath oils? Which essential oils do you like and recommend?

Vicky x
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Such a pretty blog and I love your posts! Am now following :D
    Would love a follow back :D
    icecreamandclara.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check your blog out x

      Delete
  2. Never tried them before, no, but bath oils is definitely something I want to give a go soon. Bubble bath is great but can be a bit awkward to get rid of all the bubbles.

    And if you're ever passing through my blog, do say hi :)

    Kerry (from Kerralina)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bubble bath so I was a bit apprehensive about the lack of bubbles but it's a great product so I can forgo them every once in a while! x

      Delete
  3. This sounds gorgeous. I love lavendar for when I want to switch off and relax. It's not normally a scent I would choose but I have grown to really like it lately. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that's interesting. It's a scent that doesn't normally appeal to me either but I can't deny it's good x

      Delete
  4. I have a sample of an aromatherapy associates bath oil and I can't wait to try it :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh which one? They're lovely - you'll really enjoy them x

      Delete
  5. Nice post! :) i used these for a little while before my mum gave me a NEOM bath oil for my birthday, and i've never looked back :)they are also therapuatic and utterly gorgeous, but also organic, no need to ever use chemicals on your body! def try one ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks for the suggestion Sarah, I'll check them out! X

      Delete
  6. To get essential oil! It’s useful for alleviating symptoms of anxiety and depression. It can help to boost your mood and relieve feelings of sadness as well as enhance mental performance and feelings of happiness.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig