18 January 2013

Review: B.

I was browsing Superdrug last week when I instantly honed in on a new stand when UNE once stood. Everything about it was understated from the signage to the layout - it was clean and it was simple, no garish colours or large marketing images which drew me even closer - that and the perfectly presented row of lipsticks on the bottom row.

What is this mystery new brand I hear you ask? Quite frankly I don't really know! I've titled them B. as that's what's on the packaging. Their website holds no information and I've contacted them for details to share with you guys but as yet, I've heard nothing. A quick Google search reveals B. has been developed by Superdrug to offer premium quality products on the high street and is due to launch in two-thirds of Superdrug stores and online on 1st February.

Two important things to note: the products clearly state they are suitable for vegetarians and vegans which is fabulous and they have the leaping bunny symbol emblazoned on the packaging so they're cruelty-free.




I picked up two things, a lipstick and a shimmer block and I have my eye on more including their foundation range.

B. Glowing | Shimmer Block


This is the product that jumped out to me as soon as I saw the stand - I'm a sucker for a cheek product and I really liked the colours. I swatched them in store and they're quite sheer and, as the name would suggest, shimmery. I wore this out on Friday night and it added a lovely flush of colour to my cheeks as well as a highlight.


By no means the best picture but you can make out that it added colour to my cheeks.



From memory there were three different Shimmer Blocks available, including a bronzer.

B. Glowing Shimmer Block in 198 'Blush' - £8.99 for 8g 


B. | Lipstick


Next on my radar was the lipsticks - the colour range was relatively extensive for a new brand with a mix of nudes and reds, all of which were utterly gorgeous and will no doubt be making their way home with me very soon.

Before I get onto what I think about the quality of the lipstick I've got to address the packaging and the fact that I absolutely hate it.


This is what the lipstick looks like with the lid on, the lid covers the lipstick from top to bottom so you're unable to pull the lid off as you would with traditional lipsticks.


To open the lipstick you need to push the base in to release the lipstick. Similar to using a pen. 


The base of the lipstick then pops out, you need to pull the end to get the lipstick out. At this point it is important you do not do what I did and twist, the lipstick will begin to twist up and end up squished in the lid.


I tidied it up a bit before taking his picture but you can see where the point of the lipstick has been squashed which did not make me happy.

I'm not saying the packaging is a bad idea, actually I am, but I prefer traditional lipstick packaging. The fact that it's quite fiddly would discourage me from putting this in my bag on a night out.

Onto the product itself, I picked up shade 191 'Tangelo' which is an orange-coral. The lipstick is creamy in texture and reminds me of MAC Amplified lipsticks in texture and opacity.

 Without flash

With flash


I really like the texture of these lipsticks and how well they wear. I'll definitely be picking more up and the fact they contain SPF 15 is an added bonus.

B. lipstick 191 'Tangelo' - £7.99

Does your local Superdrug have B. in stock already? If so, have you bought anything? 

Vicky x
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. Is this something to do with Lush? They used to have a makeup range called B which would tie in with the vegetarian thing as well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No but I did think the same. The Lush cosmetics brand was Be Never To Busy To Be Beautiful (or something similar). This brand have apparently been designed by Superdrug as a high street premium brand to rival higher end ranges xx

      Delete
  2. Oo I do love a good shimmer block!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - you can't beat a bit of shimmer! x

      Delete
  3. Yes! I also saw this new brand in Superdrug yesterday and was so tempted to buy the shimmer block. Lovely review! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine. I'd certainly recommend them, the products are lovely xx

      Delete
  4. That lippy is a beautiful colour! And omg how gorgeous are you?!? xox

    The Style Khaleesi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it? It looks different in so many lights too. Aw thank you honey! xx

      Delete
  5. Love how beautiful the lipstick is, such a nice colour x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is gorgeous isn't it? Such good quality for the price too! x

      Delete
  6. Fab fab fab review!!! I picked up a few of the bits from the range last week, I got the peach shimmer block, its soooo pretty. Looking the the blush shade, I think I may need to pick it up at some point as I am a highlighter junkie!!! lol.

    I totally agree the quality is fab :)) I tried a couple of the cream shadow pots too and again im really impressed :))

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I loved the look of the peach! Do you have a review?

      The quality is fab isn't it?! I'll pick those up on your rec :) x

      Delete
  7. love how the lipstick opens, its so cool. really like how these are vegan friendly too.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the fact they're vegan friendly too, there are so few brands that are now. I haaate how it opens! Too fiddly! x

      Delete
  8. I was reading about B. the other day in the latest 'Dare' (Superdrug) magazine - they sound fab! Those lipsticks are gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far they seem very good. I'll definitely be picking more bits up. x

      Delete
  9. This sounds like a really interesting new brand, I'll have to get down to Superdrug to take a look xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, they've got some great products xx

      Delete
  10. I saw these when I was in there last weekend & the shimmer bricks caught my eye too! I think I'll def have to pick one up when my spending ban is over x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend them hun, the quality is fab x

      Delete
  11. I saw this brand in Superdrug earlier in the week but was in a rush so couldn't look properly. The blush looks amazing, especially for the price! I am definitely going back to look at their stand soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think when you do xx

      Delete
  12. super bright lip colour - love it!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fab colour isn't it?! I'll check your blog out x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig