12 January 2013

Review: Sleep Rollers Emergency Curly Blow Extensions


I love Sleep Rollers: I have the iconic Velcro Sleep-in Rollers, the XL Bun Ring, a bun plait, a fringe roller and now the newest addition to the Sleep Rollers family: the Emergency Curly Blow Kit.

A 'curly blow' is quite simply a blow dry that achieves big, bouncy curls, and the terms was popularised on Desperate Scousewives (so I'm told, I'm a TOWIE/Made in Chelsea girl myself!). Designed to give you the look of a curly blow in seconds, the Emergency Curly Blow Kit is a weft of pre-styled hair that you simply clip in and go. Perfect for transforming your look from work to play in seconds.


When my extensions arrived I was surprised at the weight and even more surprised that it was a single weft on four clips; I worried that they wouldn't be sturdy enough for the weight of the extensions but I was wrong. The clips are very sturdy, far more so that traditional clip-ins and the thick band doesn't show: I do have quite thick hair but I don't think it would show with thinner hair either. It's sturdy yet subtle.


The weft of hair is pre-curled and thick which creates a natural look. I wear clip-in extensions for length rather than volume and my only gripe with them has always been that they look too thin at the ends because my own hair is so thick but that isn't a problem with the Emergency Curly Blow.


As with the Sleep-in Rollers, you receive a little drawstring bag to keep your Emergency Curly Blow in. The extensions come in a little hair net which helps to keep the shape, I'd recommend keeping this or purchasing a hair net for storing your extensions in, you'll thank me for it later.


The Emergency Curly Blow comes in three shades: blonde, brown and black which is the shade I ordered, and is made of synthetic hair so unfortunately you cannot colour or style it with heat. The problem I have with synthetic extensions is that nine times out of ten, I want them to wear on a night out, particularly this style, and synthetic hair looks obviously fake in flash photography as it is impossibly shiny because it's made from synthetic materials.


The hair is approximately 16 inches long depending on how tight you keep the curls. The looser the curl, the longer the hair. I've found the hair blends in well with my own which is at least 4 inches shorter and doesn't make my layers obvious.

It really couldn't be easier to use. The fact it's one weft rather than several means you don't have to section and re-section your hair and clip layer upon layer in. Just section your hair in half, clip it in and you're good to go!

In terms of customer service and delivery I really can't fault Sleep Rollers, I think they're utterly fantastic. I placed my order on Friday evening and it arrived on Tuesday morning which was fantastic.

I think Sleep Rollers have created a great product here and one that will appeal to a lot of people. I'd prefer natural hair and it would be nice to see more shades, redheads love big bouncy hair too! But I really have no complaints.

The Emergency Curly Blow Kit retails at £17.50 and there is a £2.95 UK delivery charge. I ordered mine when Sleep Rollers had a 20% discount on so I received my order, including delivery for £17.53.


Is the Emergency Curly Blow Kit something you'd be interested in?

Vicky x
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. These look fab on you, I'm a really light blonde though so I'm not sure I'd be able to get a good match, boo! xo

    chloesway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ah boo indeed, it's worth asking Sleep Rollers how light their blonde shade is though but it's definitely not ice-blonde x

      Delete
  2. Oh these look fab! What a good idea! My hair isn't long enough to curl yet so these would be perfect :)

    http://jo-beautyandthebooks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found they blend really well with my natural hair and layers so they definitely would :) x

      Delete
  3. These look so pretty! I'm always afraid of clip ins because my hair colour would be hard to match. I want to get some though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I understand how frustrating that can be. There are a few brands that seem to do good colour matches now, even highlighted clip-ins which is great x

      Delete
  4. These look amazing! Definitely need to check this out, thanks for the post

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine! I'd definitely recommend them! x

      Delete
  5. They look lovely on you! I had invididual extensions a long time ago :)

    xx http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've wanted to try bonded extensions for years but don't want to ruin my hair xx

      Delete
  6. I love Sleep Rollers, all their products are amazing. This looks so lovely on you it's insane!

    - Clothes, Shoes & Boys with Tattoos
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fab aren't they? Their customer service is great too! Thank you :) x

      Delete
  7. These look so realistic, lovely and think and a gorgeous colour too x

    http://Heidi-likes.blgspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really like them, I'm so impressed with the quality! x

      Delete
  8. They look like real hair! i like the idea of not having seperate pieces it just seems so much easier to handle! They look so glam! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I find it so much easier having it all on one weft and not fiddling about with all different pieces. x

      Delete
  9. ouaaa i really like :o very natural

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicky! What a fantastic review! I ordered my 'Emergency Curly Blow' on Thursday, I can't wait to receive it! I ordered it after watching Hollie Wakeham's YouTube review (very funny!). My hair is dark brown so I ordered brown, I hope it will match, I notice that you said you have the colour black - would you say that black is jet black or lighter? (Ie: dark brown) thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've just watched Hollie's video and I think she has the brown too. I wouldn't say it was jet black but it's very close; think darkest brown. Let me know what you think when yours arrives :) xx

      Delete
  11. I think this is the best blog I have been through all this day.
    clip in hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you find it easy to match the colour of the hair extensions to your own hair? We're always interested to find the best possible way to ensure that the clip in extensions uk that we send out are a good match for our customers. Did you get the option to send in a photo of your hair so they could match or did you just do it by looking through the human hair extensions images? thanks x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it easy to match through previous experience and knowing black matches my hair best. I'm sure they would offer the opportunity to have the hair colour matched x

      Delete
  13. Remy Clip In Hair Extensions offer women a quick and easy way to change their hairstyle without having to wait for hair to grow. Longer hair styles have become much more fashionable in the last few years, and this has significantly boosted the popularity of extensions. The very best quality extensions have tended to be very expensive, but a new generation of online Hair Extensions stores is starting to buck that trend, supplying high quality hair extensions at low prices.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig