24 March 2013

Beauty | Jo Malone Earl Grey & Cucumber Cologne



If you follow me on Twitter you'll know I had a little spending spree on my lunch break on Thursday which included my first ever Jo Malone purchase. Do not adjust your screens, you read that correctly, I have never visited a Jo Malone counter or boutique before!



I visited the Jo Malone counter in Selfridges where I was served by Robin and he was beyond helpful. I love perfume but I'm by no means a fragrance expert - when it comes to top notes, base notes and middle notes (I may have made that one up...) I really don't have a clue. 

After a few quick questions as to what I like in a fragrance (fresh, not too floral, not overbearingly fruity and nothing sweet!) Robin picked Earl Grey and Cucumber immediately and I'll admit, I raised my eyebrows in surprise - don't get me wrong, I love a bit of cucumber as you'll know if you follow me on Twitter and see my regular salad musings about how undervalued as a salad item it is.. I digress... 

Let's just say the thought of tea and summer sandwiches in a perfume bottle didn't exactly excite me, that was until I tried it and then I was sold - it was love.

The Earl Grey and Cucumber Cologne is a delightful blend of Earl Grey tea, Cucumber, Bergamot, Vanilla, Musk and Beeswax. It's wearable day and night and it's light but powerful - it has some serious staying power but it isn't overbearing.



I picked up the 30ml which retails for £38 but I think I'll be picking up the 100ml (£78 - eek!) when it's finished. In the mean time I think I'll be picking up a few other scents and first up will be English Pear and Freesia which I also tried before buying this. One of the best things about the Jo Malone colognes is that they're all designed to compliment one another so they layer incredibly well to create beautiful and unique fragrances.

Jo Malone Earl Grey & Cucumber Cologne - £38 for 30ml.

If you have any Jo Malone recommendations for me, please leave them in the comments below. Also, if  you've tried Jo Malone, which products are your favourites - what do I need?! I think this could become a new obsession.


Oh! In case you haven't seen, GFC is apparently going soon so feel free to follow me on Bloglovin' and send me your Bloglovin' links too!

Vicky x


SHARE:

41 comments

  1. I think Earl Grey and Cucumber is gorgeous smelling, but I was apprehensive like you when I first tried it!

    http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When he told me what it was I was like "tea and sandwiches, seriously?' but the scent definitely shut me up, it's gorgeous! x

      Delete
  2. I'll definitely have to have a sniff of this. I love fresh scents and this sounds so lovely! I looove nectarine blossom and honey, always wakes me up in the mornings it's quite zingy haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it's really fresh! I'll have a sniff of Nectarine Blossom and Honey next time I'm in Selfridges, it sounds gorgeous! xx

      Delete
  3. Gosh that is very expensive !

    Glad ur really liking it :)

    x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's too expensive, at least what I mean is it's in-line with other fragrance prices. I picked up a D&G perfume the day before which was the same size but more expensive so for the product you're getting I don't think it's priced too badly :) xx

      Delete
  4. I'm a Jo Malone virgin! I really wanna try this now!! The candles are to die for xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You *need* to try it!! Which candles do you recommend, I'm not really a candle person xxxx

      Delete
  5. Iv been wearing Jo malone blackberry and bay cologne,fruity and sexy its lovely!

    Hayley x

    www.onewaytickettogorgeous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh it sounds gorge and I know we have similar taste so I'll check it out ;) x

      Delete
  6. Hey, I've just come across your blog and absolutely love it! Spent the last half hour browsing and reading through your blog :D I've only just started mine but would love to hear your views :)) I've also put you on my list of favourite blogs! Haha, thanks for the inspiration x

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, that's lovely! x

      Delete
  7. I've smelled this one before, absolutely in love!

    Hayfa
    http://chic-and-cliche.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/hayfamk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya I'm a new follower, love your blog! :)

    I've never tried anything from Jo Malone shockingly enough, but am definitely tempted haha!

    alicekatex.blogspot.com

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Alice!

      I'd definitely recommend going along to a counter or boutique and trying something, there really is something for everyone xxx

      Delete
  9. Sadly, Jo Malone is not available where I live but I cannot wait to get a perfume as soon as I go abroad! <33 Great post and Happy Easter hun!

    I am running an International Giveaway on my blog now, and I'd love it if you enter for the chance to win Chanel Lipstick and some Maybelline goodies! :))

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no :( hopefully you're able to get a bottle!

      I'll head over and take a look x

      Delete
  10. HI, I love your blog so I'm following! Gorgeous blog

    Lauren
    Fashionswirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely Lauren, thank you! X

      Delete
  11. Ooh I love jo Malone, sounds lovely :)

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, you should try it next time you're near a counter! X

      Delete
  12. This sounds gorgeous!

    www.littlepiecebeauty.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some of my friends wear this and they love it! I have nominated you for a liebster award over at www.theb101blog.blogspot.co.uk

    The Beauty 101 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super nice!

      Thank you! I've done it a few times but I'll look at it now x

      Delete
  14. Lovely blog! New follower here, you can check out my blog and follow back on GFC or Bloglovin' if you wish(:

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Athena, I'll check it out x

      Delete
  15. Lovely post and pictures! :D Your blog is sooo nice! :)x
    Sofia x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is next on my list, it is so stunning. I have a few in my collection, they're my favourite. Blackberry and Bay is going to be my wedding fragrance next year! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh lovely, I'll check that out ASAP :) It really is a beautiful fragrance x

      Delete
  17. Try nectarine blossom and honey mixed with a spray of pomegranate noir! It's fruity and deep and stays on all day/night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I will do! Thanks for the tip x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig