14 March 2013

Nail of the Day: Nails Inc 'Electric Avenue'



I've been lusting after Nails Inc 'Electric Avenue' polish for what feels like an eternity now but it's always been out of stock so I'd all but given up hope when I was browsing the Selfridges Beauty Workshop on my lunch break last week (so much for being a reformed shopper - emphasis on the browse though!!) and spotted this little gem when faced with the Paint Shop area.

I think the Paint Shop in the Beauty Workshop is a fantastic idea and I love that it covers brands like Butter London and Ciate too but there are stands upon stands of Nails Inc polishes and despite my general dislike of their polishes I couldn't resist Electric Avenue nor the 3 for £22 offer which is in effect, a buy two get one free offer.

Let's start with the good - this polish packs a serious punch. It's an opaque glitter despite having a clear base and it only takes two coats for opacity. It sparkles beautifully and I do love a bit of glitter. 

As for the bad, I'll let it speak for itself...


The first picture was taken late in the evening not long after painting. The picture above was taken the next morning as I waited for my train.

Completely unacceptable.

I always have this issue with Nails Inc - no matter what I do it chips and lifts within hours. I can use Nails Inc base and top coats, Seche Vite base and top coats, no base nor top coat, base coat and no top coat, top coat and no base coat and it's always the same!

Needless to say it lasted until I got into the office and attacked it with nail varnish remover and re-painted with my beloved MAC Blue India which has taken up residency in my desk drawer.

I love the colour and it's perfect for a special occasion where it doesn't need to last but that's it.

Does anybody else have this issue with Nails Inc? Or do you have any tips on how I can try to get longer wear time out of the Nails Inc polishes I have? For £11 a bottle I expect more than 8 hours wear!

Vicky x
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. these look pretty! Not loving the chips though! booo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No me either :( Such a shame because it's such a beautiful polish! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh that's so annoying, the polish is so pretty too xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that's infuriating cause the polish looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it? So disappointing! x

      Delete
  4. Lovely colour but thats a shame about the chipping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty glitter but that is horrific that it chips so fast!! I don't know if painting on thinner coats would help? I have a couple of nails inc polishes and they have average lasting power on me - nothing amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I paint thin coats anyway and it doesn't seem to make a difference :( Glitters in general seem to lift easier but this is a theme with every Nails Inc polish I own! xx

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the review about nails inc polishes! I was about to go to sephora to get some and thank you for saving my time.. i guess ill go for some essie instead x :)

    xx Flo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do some great shades but for the quality, I'm not a fan :) Let me know which Essie polishes you buy xxx

      Delete
  7. these are amazing!

    check out my new post
    http://georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/bloglovin-notd.html
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This nail polish is lovely, such a shame it chipped so easily!

    C x | www.gymbagsandgladrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man, it's so rubbish that this chips so easily because it's simply stunning!

    Emily Jane xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a shame, I'd be so in love with it otherwise x

      Delete
  10. I had exactly the same problem with a nails inc purchase that I made, I too was gutted! I'd painted them for a wedding and by the end of the night they looked hideous and tacky! I haven't purchased from them since!
    Love your blog x x x
    http://beautythatsbritish.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a shame and really unacceptable especially for the price!
      Thank you!! xxx

      Delete
  11. the colour is gorgeous! such a shame it chipped so easily, makes you wonder what you're spending all that money on if you're not getting good quality :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I think you're just paying for the name but with the brand should come the quality - evidently not! xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig