14 April 2013

AERIN Haul




Aerin Lauder is the granddaughter of Estee Lauder and founder of AERIN, a beauty brand that encapsulates effortless style and sophistication. 

I found AERIN by chance as I browsed the Selfridges website one morning at work - it's one of my favourite daily rituals and is often (read: always) accompanied by a mountain of toast and tea - when I spotted the most gorgeous lip and cheek tint. Sadly when I went to the counter that lunchtime to get it, it had sold out and unfortunately it was limited edition :( I didn't leave empty handed however....

Floral Illuminating Pressed Powder


This gorgeous illuminating powder was almost too pretty to use. Tucked safely into the signature pale pink dust bag, the gold compact is delightfully elegant with the only downside (if you can call it that) being that it is made from plastic, this isn't a huge issue as a metal compact would be heavy but I was expecting it to be metal.

Lightly rose scented, the compact comprises of six shades which are beautifully complementary and swirl together to create a lovely flush of colour with a slight glow hence the illuminating factor.

As it's an illuminating powder it isn't overly pigmented however it can be built up or layered over another complementary shade for more of an impact.

AERIN Floral Illuminating Pressed Power - £45 for 9.5g

Lipgloss

Cassis

Poppy

I couldn't decide between Cassis and Poppy so I decided to pick them both up (it was an expensive lunch break..).

The lipglosses are quite sheer and heavily rose scented, this put me off quite a bit at first however I really like the colours and thankfully the scent doesn't last for too long. Poppy is more pigmented than Cassis which looks more like a 'just bitten' shade yet Poppy is slightly sticky but not enough to be off-putting.

Sadly the range is quite limited as only three shades were released with the Spring Colour Collection and they're too pricey in my opinion, had I been thinking with my head and not my bank card I probably would have only bought one and seen how I got on with it. 

AERIN Lipgloss - £22 each

All in all I think the products I picked up were a nice introduction to the AERIN brand and I'll certainly be keeping an eye on their future collections.

Have you tried anything from AERIN?

Vicky x
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Ooh I've not really heard of this brand before but these products look absolutely beautiful! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are. I think they launched within the last 12-18 months so they're still very new hence the capsule collections :) xx

      Delete
  2. I keep meaning to buy something from Aerin but never have the money when I walk buy it. That power looks gorgeous!! So tempted to do a bit of make-up shopping now i've read this!! Roisin xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's SO pretty, I really didn't want to spoil it by using it. Maybe check out their lip and cheek tints, they're gorgeous. Not sure how fairly the prices translate to Euro though :( xxx

      Delete
  3. the powder looks far too pretty! never heard of this brand before xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I only found them by chance :) xx

      Delete
  4. wow what beautiful products! I've never heard of this brand before but it looks gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've yet to see Aerin products here but they look so pretty and fancy. I'd love to see a review of the highlighting powder, it looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are - hopefully they'll launch over in Canada at some point. Sure, I'll write one up :) x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig