16 April 2013

Lifestyle: Kieran Farrell Benefit Dinner


As you already know, sport is one of my greatest passions so I didn't need to think twice about jumping on a train to Manchester on Friday to attend a benefit dinner in aid of boxer Kieran Farrell with my friend Matt.

Kieran had a short but successful career as a boxer and was sadly forced to retire following his only professional defeat in December after sustaining a brain injury.

The event was held at the Renaissance hotel in Manchester and consisted of a dinner, an auction of some great prizes including sports memorabilia (sadly all out of my price range!) and speeches from Kieran as well as two of my favourite British fighters: Jamie Moore and Ricky Hatton.

I could turn into a serious boxing anorak here so instead I'm going to leave you with a *lot* of pictures and keep scrolling down for a FOTN/OOTN!



This is already one of my favourite pictures!
L-to-R: Ricky Hatton, Me, Kieran, Matt, Jamie Moore


Ricky has been one of my favourite fighters for as long as I can remember so I couldn't resist Instagrammin' this!


A reminder of what we were there for.


Attempted one of those popular blogger selfie poses - nearly caused myself an injury!


Outfit
Dress: Savida at Dunnes (picked up last summer) €80
Shoes: Zara £29.99 

I absolutely adore this dress, I picked it up last summer on a trip to Dublin and I've been waiting for a reason to wear it ever since, the beading is absolutely exquisite.


Look at that detailing! 


These bad boys were incredibly popular when I posted them on Instagram yesterday and I am in love with them. I picked them up on a last minute dash to Zara after work on Thursday and they're the most comfy shoes I've ever worn! I love the wrap around ankle straps, the non-existant sides and the asymmetric toes. They're a round point which I love too.

My tan is Cocoa Brown One Hour Tan and I have a review coming soon!


Face
Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
Etat Pur Radiant Complexion Care
YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat in B40
MAC Studio Fix Fluid

Eyes
MAC Vanilla e/s
MAC Omega e/s
MAC Amber Lights e/s 
MAC Espresso e/s
Elizabeth Arden Gel Eyeliner
Rimmel Extra Super Lash mascara
Millie Mackintosh 'Soho' lashes

Eyebrows
MAC Omega
MAC Carbon

Cheeks
Chanel Solei De Tan 
Illamasqua Rumour
Aerin Floral Illuminating Powder
MAC Soft and Gentle

Lips
Aerin Poppy lipgloss


I tried out the Ciate Colourfoil manicure kit over Barry M Lychee but more on that in the week...

I had a lovely night and I'm so pleased that I went and that good money was raised for Kieran. 

I really hope you enjoyed this post and have a lovely week.

Vicky x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love your dress and those Zara shoes are beauty!

    Now following you on GFC and would be great to get a follow back, if you would like to follow each other? :)

    Be great if you could check out my latest posts:

    The PrettyLittleThing.com SS13 Bloggers Lunch

    House of Holland Tie-Dye Jeans on a Budget

    I am also hosting a Giveaway with Mina UK to win a pair of Love You Long Time Trousers worth £55 Giveaway with Mina UK to win a pair of Love You Long Time Trousers worth £55 here

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlie, they're great shoes aren't they?! x

      Delete
  2. You look absolutely Beautiful!!! and those heels are AMAZING!!! Roisin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig