9 April 2013

TAG: The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger


Image borrowed from The Style Khaleesi. credit to original poster.

I am such a bad blogger at the moment! I have a mountain of products to write about and posts to publish but when it comes to actually sitting down and doing it, I just keep hitting a wall. My weekends are crazy busy at the moment and I honestly don't remember the last time I had a proper break...

On the plus side I have a train journey to and from Manchester to fill this weekend so I'll write some posts then and I may even film a Getting Ready With Me video for YouTube as I'm going out on Friday night - would you like to see that? Let me know!

Anyway, excuses aside, I've still been reading blogs (mainly on Bloglovin', if you're on there let me know!) and I've loved reading this tag so when I saw it on Kirsty's  blog, I thought I'd do it.

The Rules:
1. Thank the tagger and link them in the post. 
2. State that this tag was created by The Beau Bow
3. Copy and paste the rules.
4. Tag some more beauty bloggers and link them to the post.
5. Title this The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Post so bloggers know what the post is about.
6. Have fun! :)

Name a beauty regime that you rarely do.
Apply eye cream. I know I should, especially now I'm getting a little bit older and the weather is disgusting but I just can't find the motivation! Maybe it'll come with hindsight when I'm 40 and I have six inch crows feet!


Is washing your makeup brushes something you do regularly?
Yes, I spot clean my brushes after every use and give them a deep clean twice a week.

How long will you last with chipped nail polish?
Usually a day. I have a really bad habit of picking it off once it chips too which is beyond gross but it's so relaxing!

How long do you put off buying/replacing a beauty or nail polish product even if you need it (i.e. purchasing a new top coat, foundation etc)?
I hate running out of anything and I have a pretty large professional kit to dip into should desperate times ever arrive but I never let myself run out, I'll buy a replacement when I know I only have a few more uses of a product.

What is your worst beauty habit?
Pulling my mascara off after a night out - I just can't help myself. I know it's wrong yet it's like a compulsion! I'm also a bit rubbish with keeping my body moisturised, my skin doesn't get very dry so I skip it sometimes but tanning lotion is an acceptable substitute isn't it?!

Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time?
Tidying out my filing cabinet at work - there's still a few folders from the last person who had my role in there, I just can't find the motivation to go through it all!

When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready until the last minute or not?
Sometimes but I try not to. If I have time I'll have a proper pamper and leave my hair to dry naturally for as long as possible and then it's a mad panic in the last 45 minutes to dry and style my hair, get dressed and put my makeup on!

Can you commit to spending bans? 
No. In all fairness I work hard for my wages, I save and I don't have massive beauty spends often so I don't feel I need to. I was brought up to believe if you can't afford it then you can't have it (my family are anti-store and credit cards) and I live by that still.

How organised is your makeup and nail collection?
Very. My nail collection is in my Great Grandma's sewing box with each brand in a different section and organised by colour. My makeup collection and kit are organised similarly in dark towers with a section per item (personal collection: face, lips and eyes; professional kit: foundation/concealer, blusher/contour etc etc).

What is the longest amount of time you have gone without writing a blog post?
Probably a few weeks. I really need to make more time!


I tag you all to do this, leave me your links below if you do!

Vicky x

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I have a realy bad habit of picking at and pulling off my mascara too!

    http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Let me know if you do, I'd love to read it! x

      Delete
  3. Ooooh loved reading this :))xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria, let me know if you do it :) xxx

      Delete
  4. nice tag :) I would love to do it :)
    www.primedwithprettiness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, send me the link if you do! x

      Delete
  5. Great post, I have def been procrastinating at the moment! Can't get into gear, I was supposed to go for a bike ride 2 hours ago... still putting it off! xx

    Currently hosting a giveaway on my blog at the moment hun. For a chance to win here is the link:
    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/betrousse-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'm the same! Hope you made your bike ride in the end!

      I'll check your giveaway out :) xx

      Delete
  6. Loved the tag and just did it on my blog! Thanks

    http://tryingnottosoundpretentious.blogspot.co.uk/

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig