22 May 2013

Zara Cross Ankle Strap Heels


I briefly touched upon these shoes and how much I love them in this post but after picking them up in black this week I felt they deserved some more love, and so did you as I've lost count of the people that have tweeted or emailed to ask about them!


Nailing the summer trends, they're  neon orange faux suede with cut out sides, crossed over ankle straps and a rounded pointed toe with asymmetric lines.

With a heel height just shy of 4 inches and no concealed platform I wasn't expecting them to be remotely comfortable but they are honest the most comfortable heels I own. They're lightly cushioned to provide comfort to the ball of the foot and unlike other heels where this can often end up being more painful than helpful, it's a real help.


The ankle strap is looping to create a criss-crossed look and fastened with a delicate gold buckle. With the exposed sides and heel height I had a bad feeling there would be a serious ankle related injury somewhere along the line but thankfully the straps provide excellent security.


Here's where the geek in me really comes out and where Zara have excelled themselves for me - they provide a set of spare heels. SO GOOD. The only other time I've known this to happen is with Christian Louboutin. When I find a good pair of shoes I like to look after them and I will get them reheeled but there's nothing quite like having the exact same heels fitted again - sure a heel is a heel but the originals are always the best in my opinion. Considering the price of the shoes, this really is a great extra.


The main thing I love about them is that they can be worn dressy (as above) or casual with jeans and a t-shirt or shorts/a skirt. They add a flash of colour to any outfit and as someone who tends to stick to a neutral palette I need all of the colour I can get!

Zara High Heel Shoes with Ankle Strap - £29.99


Vicky x
SHARE:

30 comments

  1. These are so pretty, love the colour too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice :) I really love the colour, especially as I wear a lot of neutrals x

      Delete
  2. Wow such amazing shoes, what a gorgeous colour. I wish I could wear pretty shoes like these but I have the coordination of a hippo :)

    <a href="http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/>http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, they're fab aren't they! I'm super clumsy but they're so comfy and stable x

      Delete
  3. You look absolutely STUNNING and wow, I need those shoes in my life! They are perfect - so classy and sophisticated!! They'd be perfect for a wedding I'm going to - might have to make a purchase :) x x x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you beaut! I'd defo recommend them for a wedding, they're so comfy! xxx

      Delete
  4. They are stunning!! And you look lovely. I love your dress x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These shoes are absolutely gorgeous! I think I will have to take a look at the Zara website, although I have just been spending all my money on clothes - I need to stop and save for an iMac! Great choice of style chicka! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just think of them as an investment as they have spare heels so you're basically saving yourself another pair of shoes ;) xx

      Delete
  6. You look stunning love the shoes as well! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. woo check you out! Youre a hottie, and the shoes are gorge!xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning and those shoes are to die for!x

    vanityrail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heels are so cute!

    www.alltheselittlesecrets.co.uk
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do these run big? I'm a 6.5. So should I size down or get my usual size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zara don't do half sizes so you'll need to go down to a 6. I'm a 5 and they fit well and have some room - a 4 would be too small x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig