31 July 2013

OOTN: Boxing In Hull

At the start of July I hopped onto a train to Hull for an evening at the boxing. Olympic gold medallist (and Dancing on Ice runner-up - I think, I've never watched it!) Luke Campbell was making his professional debut and I simply had to be there!

The show was held outside at Hull KR stadium so although the weather held up, I was aware that it would get colder later so I opted for jeans.



There's nothing overly exciting about this outfit - the main surprise being that it's from Topshop and I never, ever go into Topshop. Not because I think the clothes are over-priced (they are) but because it's always so bloody loud! Call me old-fashioned  but I'd rather not shop in a rave, thanks all the same.

Top - Topshop
Jeans - Tophop Leigh 
Shoes - Zara
Clutch - New Look



I also took one of my favourite Zara jackets with me which I was very grateful of when it turned  bit chilly and I could no longer be bothered to walk across the pitch to the man selling hot chocolate - grandma knows how to live it up and decided rose was a far better idea at this point!


Tan: Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan

I have a full post on the Cocoa Brown Tan going up very shortly, it's proven a little problematic to write as I need to scrub all of my tan off as I'm having my wisdom teeth out this week and apparently I can't wear tan! As such, pictures for the post are a little thin on the ground!!

Due to the fact I've been wearing tan more often and with the lovely weather, I've been keeping my makeup incredibly minimal wearing only MAC Face and Body with Illamasqua Cream Blush and my Chanel Bronze Universal and mascara.


All of the Lights for Kell Brook


A stunning debut for Luke Campbell

To get to Hull I used First Hull trains from King's Cross. I'm a bit of a train snob and where possible I always like to go Virgin Trains and first class, unfortunately neither were possible. If you are travelling with First Hull I'd recommend the quiet carriage.

I also stayed in the Mercure Royal hotel which was conveniently located in the station itself - if you need somewhere clean and convenient for your stay in Hull, this is the hotel for you.

What do you think of Topshop? Am I the only person desperately trying to avoid it?

Vicky x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You always go to such awesome events :D jealous!
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig