27 September 2013

TAG: Skincare

When I was tagged to do this by my beautiful friend Hayley it occurred to me that apart from the occasional product review I very rarely share anything skincare related with you all!

I haven't tagged anyone specific to do this but if you do give it a go, please leave your links below so I can read your post and see what you use as I love finding new products!


Source: weheartit


Describe your skincare routine in 5 words
Remove (Makeup - it's not cheating if it's in brackets!), Cleanse, Tone, Moisturise, Protect (SPF!).

I always remove my makeup, I'll either use something like Bioderma to take away the lions share of it or I'll double cleanse, who am I kidding, I nearly always double cleanse, either way the first step for me is always removing my makeup. I then follow that up with the pretty standard cleanse, tone and moisturise before applying an SPF in the daytime. 

What is your skin type?
Combination: oily yet dehydrated - notice dehydrated and not dry? My skin isn't dry but it can get a little bit parched in places, especially during the changing seasons. I get a little oily across my cheeks.

Top blemish zapper?
It used to be the MAC volcanic ash thermal mask, God I loved that stuff with a passion but it was always limited edition and sadly hasn't made a comeback (the exfoliator has though and that too is awesome). Nowadays I use the Origins Super Spot Remover if I have to or a cotton bud dipped in water, one end hot(ish) and one end cold - apply to the blemish using alternate temperatures to take the spot down straight away. If you want to be super hygienic which of course you do, use different cotton buds (you'll only need three maximum, especially if you're using both ends!).

Face wipes - yay or nay?
Definite nay! They do not clean the skin, they just move the dirt and makeup around the surface of your face and I don't buy the "at least I'm attempting to remove it" argument, no, you're not. You are just moving everything around.

Toner - yay or nay?
Yay for me. Some people seem to consider toner to be a bit of a dated product but I love mine! I've been using the Clarins Brightening Toner for over a year now and I saw the difference in my skin when I ran out earlier this year despite substituting it for my Dermalogica Multi-Active toner which I love day to day. The Lush Tea Tree Toning Water is also a great product and the first toner I used!

High end skincare or high end makeup?
This is a tough one! If you don't look after your skin your makeup won't look good, no matter how high end or expensive it is because you cannot photoshop day-to-day life, simple. At the same time, I don't think you need high end skincare if you can find something in Boots that does just as good a job - look at brands like Bioderma, Avene  and Vichy for example. 

What's the most unusual skincare product you've tried?
I'm always very cautious with my skin so I haven't tried anything too unusual if I'm honest. I am tempted by some of the products that contain bee venom though and for me, that's enough of a dip into the unusual pond!

Tell us your top skincare tip
Always take your makeup off at night and wear an SPF during the day. I practice what I preach with those two tips right there. Another one would be try not to eat excessive amounts of sugar but that's definitely a 'do as I say and not as I do' because I really love doughnuts.


Don't forget, leave your link below if you give this a go and make sure you check out Hayley's blog!

Vicky x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Really wanted to try Clarins exfoliating toner :)
    alicekatex ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a must-have Alice! I can see the difference in my skin when I don't use it now! xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig