30 October 2013

Beauty | House of Holland for Elegant Touch: Zig Zag Stardust

I was browsing Boots a few weeks ago when I spotted the House of Holland nail range on the 'Latest in Beauty' stand. As you know, I love my glue-on/press-on nails and I was instantly drawn to the quirky yet trend led designs and the super cute packaging. 



There are 8 different styles to choose from in the House of Holland range with shapes ranging from (what I would call) the classic round as seen above to the stiletto (long and very pointed) and a whole host of designs. I also picked up the Heartbreaker nails at the same time and they are by far my favourite design of the 8 but unfortunately they were just too long, pointy and sharp for me and I removed them almost instantly.

Zig Zag Stardust were a lot easier to wear than Heartbreaker, the shape isn't as severe which makes them more practical, not that I'm saying I would wear them to work because I wouldn't but in comparison, they're the tamer of the two!



The set comes with 24 nails in 10 different sizes and 5 (I think!) different designs. The whole idea is to mix and match the patterns to create a super cool clashing mani. As I said, Heartbreaker was without doubt my favourite design so when I couldn't wear them I was disappointed as Zig Zag Stardust is probably about as far away from my usual style of anything as can be so I was more than a little apprehensive about the final look.


As you can see they're definitely not for the faint-hearted! Despite my initial concerns I actually loved them in the end because they were so different for me and looked really fun. I wore them out to dinner with my friend and received endless compliments on them which sounds crazy but people stopped to comment on the train, at the bar, at our table! Even the waiter had something to say so they're certainly attention grabbing! 



Elegant Touch are my favourite false nail brand and the quality of the House of Holland nails didn't disappoint, they were typically flexible and easy to apply and once applied they didn't budge! I'm really impressed by the quality and style of these nails and I would definitely try others from the range, I also have my eye on the Little Mix for Elegant Touch range, particularly the Jessy ones! 


What do you think - would you be brave enough to try one of the House of Holland kits?

Vicky x


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Oh wow I actually love these, so so pretty and different which I like! Love your blog, consider me a happy new follower :)
    www.becka-thisismyworld.blogspot.com
    Becka x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really different and so eye-catching, I love them! Thank you so much Becka! x

      Delete
  2. In my experience of false nails they just never really stay on me for very long at all. I recently tried some of the Impress one's and within 24 hours I think 3 had come off so I just pulled the rest off myself. I also have a problem that I have really slim fingers and they don't always include small enough sizes. I do love the look of these though and would be tempted to give them a try x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame Becky - do you usually use the adhesive tabs or nail glue? I never had much success with the tabs and despite claims found them no kinder to nails x

      Delete
  3. I've never tried press on nails but these are gorgeous!

    Hayley www.mylifeasabeautyaddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should babe, they're such a quick and easy way to make an impact! x

      Delete
  4. Ooh I love these - so vibrant! Never really been a fan of false nails and don't think I'd be able to pull these off either. They look great on you though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a bit "out there" aren't they?! I definitely would't wear them for too long :) x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig