21 October 2013

Review: Dettol and E45 Comforting Hand Wash*

Winter plays havoc with my beauty routine from cracked lips to dry hair and skin that battles the elements both outside and inside with central heating and air conditioning it is more important than ever to update your beauty routine to make sure you look after every part of your skin.

Despite our fascination with looking after our nails and making them look as polished and presentable as possible, we often overlook taking care of our hands and they are super important. They're one of the most visible parts of your body and they're also a tell-tale sign of ageing (Madonna I'm talking about you...).

Keeping my hands soft and well looked after is important to me, I meet a lot of people at work and shake a lot of hands and I'm always a little embarrassed if my hands feel a bit rough or dry so I make sure I take care of my hands, because of this when I was contacted to ask if I would like to try a new hand wash from Dettol and E45 I jumped at the chance.

The Dettol and E45 Camomile Comforting Hand Wash* keeps hands soft, hydrated and free from germs which is super important in the winter, especially travelling on the tube every day with people who have colds and flu and sneeze/cough and still touch things. The first thing I do when I get into work every morning is wash my hands with the Comforting Hand Wash.


I have a bit of an obsession with hand cream and always have a tub or a tube handy (pardon the pun) and with every hand wash I've used previously I've always felt like I need to follow up with a hand cream because my hands feel like the surface of a balloon after washing with normal hand wash and the feeling makes me cringe. The E45 ensures this feeling is completely eradicated and my hands feel clean, soft and well hydrated which is very rare.

The Dettol germ killing element is very important to me, as mentioned before I shake a lot of hands and travel a lot on public transport and I am partial to catching the old cold so I try and do as much as possible to combat germs and fight infection. I always carry hand sanitizer but this provides a more thorough clean and as it's hydrating doesn't leave my hands feeling dry which is of paramount importance in this weather.

I was a bit apprehensive that this would have the traditional Dettol smell which always reminds me of hospitals but it actually smells very fresh and a little bit like a bubble bath that I used to buy a few years ago so I really like that too. 

As I said, I do have a hand care routine which I'm sure sounds incredibly amusing but I have a separate post coming on that later. I just think it's odd that we overlook our hands when they're so well used and noticeable so I make a conscious effort to ensure my mitts are always tip top!


I can definitely see this being a product I repurchase time and time again.

How do you take care of your hands?

Vicky x

* PR Sample
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig