6 October 2013

Beauty | Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

"Your skin looks amazing!" is without a doubt a phrase all women want to hear and one guaranteed to lift even the foulest of moods, with that in mind and without being one to blow my own trumpet, it's one I've heard a lot of recently and I'm going to let you in to my little secret and for once, it's not an Instagram filter.

Firstly, let's be honest, nobody wants to hear the words "Oh my GOD! Your foundation looks amazing, which one is it?" because we want our skin to look like skin and for people to think that it does look that amazing rather than them noticing a layer of foundation which could very well be beautifully and flawlessly applied but still looks like a layer of foundation and not gorgeous skin.


With that in mind let me introduce you to Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. I first fell in love with this foundation when I temped for Armani a few years ago but it wasn't enough to lure me away from my foundation soulmate, Nars Sheer Glow, so when I finished the bottle I didn't repurchase - put this down to the ignorance of youth or temporary makeup insanity but try not to judge me on it...

About a month or so ago I found myself wandering aimlessly around Selfridges at lunch time as I often do, I meander from the food hall through to the beauty hall and never leave without buying either cupcakes or cosmetics, an expensive habit.. I digress... I was all set to repurchase my Nars Sheer Glow having gone without a bottle for the whole of summer when I decided that actually, I quite fancied trying something else. I wanted to pick up the YSL Youth Liberator foundation but they hadn't launched the full range (I have now purchased this and will review soon!) so I found myself at Giorgio Armani, snapping up a bottle of Luminous Silk Foundation in Shade 5.5. 

I apply this foundation using my Sephora mineral powder brush that I picked up in Milan earlier in the year and I only wish I'd bought more than one because honestly, this baby makes it straight into my Top 5 face brushes of all time. 

Two pumps is more than sufficient to cover my whole face and I use the Sephora brush to buff into the skin in circular motions, stippling the product over areas that need slightly more coverage as Luminous Silk isn't a full coverage foundation but it is build able. You can really buff it into the skin for a light coverage, apply normally for medium coverage and layer for full coverage which I absolutely love. 

Luminous Silk is oil free which is a Godsend for me as I do have oily areas and I don't like to apply a matte primer (or any primer really) for every day wear so the oil free formulation helps to balance out my oilier areas whilst gliding effortlessly over the rest of my face. The Micro-Fil technology ensures a silky finish and effortless application whilst providing all day coverage. I never touch up my foundation during the day but I do have foundations that start to split on the skin as the day wears on, Luminous Silk does not budge, it looks the same when I leave work as it does when I arrive.

I apply this over Illamasqua Hyra Veil and set with MAC Studio Fix powder foundation and it provides the most flawless finish - blemishes are covered, imperfections hidden and shine reduced.


Above is a picture of me wearing Luminous Silk, you can see more pictures of how it looks in my birthday post which you can find here

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation - £34.50 for 30ml 

Have you tried Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk? What do you think? What is your go-to perfect skin foundation?

Vicky x
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Oh gosh I love the look and sound of this I love how versatile it is, I'm usually NC35 in mac what shade are you honey so I know what shade to get when I do purchase! I need this!

    Liza | Glambeautys | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually a MAC NW15/20 but I wear this when I've fake tanned, I'd say look at a 7/7.5 xx

      Delete
  2. Ok you've convinced me that I NEED THIS FOUNDATUON NOW!! Sounds amazing. Definitely going to pick it up when my bank balance let's me! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to try it! Let me know what you think if you do xx

      Delete
  3. I really want this so bad! The price is rather high but looks stunning :)

    alicekatex ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is at the higher end of the price range but I do think it's worth it. You barely need any and the finish is flawless :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your skin really does look flawless. I don't mind spending a lot of money on a good foundation, particularly from such an incredible brand. You look immense, I've wanted to try this for quite some time now :)

    Lots of love, Em x

    emtalks.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3934124/emtalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, if it's a good product then I'm willing to spend the money :) Thank you Em! Let me know what you think if you try it xx

      Delete
  6. I really want to try this foundation it sounds amazing! thanks for the mini review :)

    www.beckysbeautique.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think if you do x

      Delete
  7. Hi I usually use nars sheer glow in Santa Fe and was wondering what shade you had in the nars so I can judge which one I need to the Armani one �� Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig