3 October 2013

Beauty | Illamasqua Hydra Veil

It's not a primer, Illamasqua are adamant about that. It's not skincare, they won't be doing that. It is however, the perfect skin day in a pot and in my opinion, a hybrid of primer and skincare but shh, that can be our secret.

I know I'm late to the party with this review but I've been thinking about the products I have been using most in my daily routine and the products I reached for most often this summer with my brides and Hydra Veil was the first that came to mind - it has been my go to product for myself when I've had a night out or an important day at work or when I've been having a bad skin day when I just want something that is going to ensure I don't scare people on the tube.

It's also been my first choice with the majority of my bridal clients this summer, replacing my faithful Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, which I do still love but I've switched to Hydra Veil for many reasons, including the look of surprise on people's faces when I pull a little pot of what looks like goo out of my bag.


Hydra Veil is designed to have immediate results, giving an instant surge of hydration for tired, dry skin  whilst it's self-levelling properties create a flawless base for all skin types, perfectly covering dry patches, large pores and soothing redness. 


Contained within a little black pot, there's a lid which stops the product drying out and a little spatula which helps you disperse the perfect amount of product and ensures hygiene is at the front of your mind - makeup artists will know how important little triggers can be, having a little spatula as the first thing you see when you take the lid off does the same thing to the brain as when you cut the wands off your mascaras and lip glosses, it reminds you to decant/use disposables. 


As I said, Hydra Veil is self-levelling which is how it is able to create a flawless base and also how once you've taken some out, you can pop the lid back on, peek back in a few moments and see that the surface is completely smooth again. This entertained me far more than it should!!


A pea-sized amount will be sufficient to cover a whole face. Designed to be applied after moisturiser and/or serum, Illamasqua suggest applying it with their foundation brush which I have tried but I prefer applying it with my fingers as it is incredibly slippery and slides all over my hand as I try and chase it with a brush!

Hydra Veil neither illuminates nor mattifies so it works for all skin types, working with your skin type rather than against it. With my combination skin I often find that sometimes my makeup, no matter how well I prep my skin, can settle as dry patches pick up more during the day and the coverage can split on areas that are oiler but with Hydra Veil neither of these issues happen, my base still looks the same at the end of the day as it does at the beginning.

I've tried this with a range of foundations and found it has worked well with all of them, from water based to silicone based to creams, it doesn't affect the finish or the formula of the foundation itself which is hugely important to me, especially when working on clients.

All in all, I'm not sure I would want to be without this product now. Even on days when I don't wear makeup (yes, those days exist), I'll apply a thin layer of Hydra Veil to give my skin an added boost.


Have you tried Hydra Veil? What do you think?

Vicky x

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. The self levelling goo entertained me for much longer than it should have too!! I think it's great for dehydrated eyes, where you can't take eye cream but you can put a little bit of this!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took it to work to do my makeup for an after work event and the office were amazed, especially the men "wait, wait, mess it up again... LOOK, it's smooth! Do it again!!" I agree, it's a wonder product! xxx

      Delete
  2. I've just come across your blog through Couture Girl & I love it! Fab post, really well written :) I've actually never tried anything from Illamasqua but this sounds pretty amazing! X

    http://daniellabeautyjunkie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Daniella, that's a lovely comment. Hydra Veil is a wonderful product and Illamasqua have a great range of products, if you have chance you should try some xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds really interesting! I wish there was a Illamasqua counter closer to me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great product hun! Illamasqua definitely need more counters! xx

      Delete
  4. Ahh I need this! I've never really had that much luck with primers but this sounds aamazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great product, I really love it! xx

      Delete
  5. It's weird because I hear people talk about this all of the time, but I never actually knew what it was! I get quite bad dry patches on my face so I'm thinking this may be just what I need, it's definitely getting added to my wishlist!

    Hannah x
    hannahhepton.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it could really help with your dry patches Hannah, it wouldn't completely clear them up but it would give you a great makeup base whilst also adding extra hydration to the dry areas xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig