22 November 2013

Shopping | Gift Guide for the Beauty Loving Girl

I absolutely love Christmas and despite the long queues, the arctic trek between shops and hearing Shakin' Stevens for the 20th time that hour I really enjoy the shopping as well. I firmly believe that present buying is a very personal experience and there is no "one size fits all" approach or gift but I've put together some of my favourite beauty related gifts for Christmas.

I want to get the disclaimer in early - I have not been asked, sponsored or paid (in product or money!) to mention any of the brands or items below. 


Sensuous Nude from Estee Lauder is one of my all time favourite fragrances and one I am never without. When it launched last year it was voted the Sexiest Fragrance of 2012 by Cosmopolitan magazine and it's easy to see, or smell(!), why: it's sultry, feminine and warm. This is a real head turner of a fragrance.

Estee Lauder run a fantastic promotion at Christmas where you can purchase a whopping makeup case of Estee Lauder products worth over £250 for just £50 if you buy any of their selected fragrances. 


Since purchasing my first Jo Malone fragrance earlier this year I've fallen head over heels for their scents and this collection of 5 9ml perfumes provide the perfect chance to try the brand and also experience their unique layering system which shows how Jo Malone fragrances are designed to work as well together as they are alone.

It may be pricey but you get what you pay for and Jo Malone really is a mark of quality. I've ordered one for my Nan after converting her to Jo Malone with a birthday present earlier this year. 




With the hustle and bustle of Christmas; the parties, the dinners, the shopping and everything in between, we all need some time to relax and de-stress after the big day. Aromatherapy Associates make my favourite selection of relaxing essential oils and this festive collection provides the chance to try 10 of their best loved and most relaxing bath and shower oils to help you unwind and relax.



Miniatures are the perfect way to introduce someone to a brand! I often find that I will know a product or a brand that is perfect for a friend or family member but they're cautious to commit to a full size, especially at the price of Moroccan Oil however a miniature provides the chance to try and be bowled over! They make a great gift on their own, especially for people who like to travel, but they're also a lovely stocking filler.



The Laura Mercier body and bath products are a real luxury treat in my eyes. The above set includes a full sized body scrub, honey bath swirl, body creme soufflĂ© and luxury scented candle to ensure you're pampered from head to toe in beautiful candlelight. 

The honey bath is a cult product and it feels like pure indulgence as you dip the honey wand into the product before adding to a bath. The scrub and body soufflé finish off the pampering experience to ensure that your skin is in tip-top condition.


Crownbrush have a great selection of palettes and brushes suitable for everyone from your makeup loving teenager to your professional makeup artists. Great quality products at affordable prices.

This 36 colour palette features a variety of shades and finishes from your every day neutrals to your bold bright colours, perfect for creating striking fashion looks or adding a modern twist to an old classic (a pink and purple smokey eye for example). 

For November only I am fortunate enough to be able to share with you all a discount code that will give you 10% off any purchase on Crownbrush! Simply enter FINNO2013 at the checkout to receive your discount after clicking the link above.

I can't get a clear picture but Crownbrush also have some fantastic brush sets which make the perfect present. I'm a firm believer that good tools are key to a flawless finish and my own brush kit is made up of around 60% Crownbrush brushes! I recomment the 510 Basic Set (29.99) as a great starter!



Peaches & Cream are a salon based in Liverpool famed for their glamorous hair and makeup looks that enable all of us to enjoy a bit of Scouse glamour! They have recently launched these fabulous Lit Kits which create a super glam, glittery eye look (it's rumoured to have been used on Tamera from X Factor for the live shows!). 

Containing a liquid glitter base, a gorgeous glitter and a synthetic applicator brush, this little kit is everything you need to create the perfect glittery eye for all of those festive parties or nights on the Liverpool tiles!

With lots of gift ideas and really unique hair and makeup bundles and baubles, I recommend checking Peaches out - not only are they great value for money, the girls are really helpful and we all need a little glamour over the festive period!


Not only do these special edition brushes look super chic, they also provide every tool you need to create the perfect smokey eye. I'm not usually one for MAC Christmas sets but this brush set would be an ideal gift for a makeup lover. 

MAC also do a wonderful selection of miniature pigments, palettes and lip and eye sets for Christmas which make great stocking fillers. 



EMJ are a company targeted at professional makeup artists who make fantastic quality items from brush wraps and belts to set bags and aprons but in the coolest, cutest designs. Gone are the days of simple black brush belts and wraps (though I do still love mine!) and here are the days of prints and matching sets! The best thing is you can by a belt, wrap and set bag to match which really appeals to me as I love having everything look the same.

EMJ are a bit of an industry secret and I feel as though I'm welcoming you into the circle of trust here but I cannot recommend them enough for any makeup artists or budding makeup artists or even people who just want beautiful accessories! 


Give the gift of the perfect bouncy blow dry this Christmas with this fabulous brush set from Sleep Rollers and free set of Ultimate Bounce Rollers to maintain maximum bounce and movement! Being able to blow dry your hair at home and obtain a salon finish depends as much on tools as it does on technique and this kit has everything you need to master a salon blow dry at home.


The original and still the best Sleep-in Rollers are the easiest way to achieve big, bouncy hair without heat and whilst you sleep! This kit includes 20 original rollers, kirkby grips with drawstring bag, a DVD to show you how to apply and a handy bag to store everything in.

I often use my Sleep Rollers when I want to give my hair a rest from heat and achieve effortless volume with minimal effort and also to give my hair an added volume boost before a night out. The rollers look super girly and make the perfect present.




As the saying goes "the bigger the hair, the higher to heaven" and these wonderful heated rollers will definitely help you achieve that little extra lift! I have a full review on these coming soon but they are my go-to heated styling tool for creating big, glamorous hair.


So there we have it, some of my gift ideas for the beauty lovers in your life!

Vicky x
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. These are some great gift ideas, there are some lovely bits there. Might get my mum the Laura Mercier Body & Bath Luxe Quartet for Christmas, so thanks for this post! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! The Laura Mercier set is just divine, it's pricey but it's pure indulgence and makes a wonderful gift xx

      Delete
  2. The peaches glitter and emj brush wrap are on my list ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel free to buy me the Moroccan Oil set if you wish ;) haha.
    I'm also really tempted to try Sleep In Rollers.. I need to add volume to my hair. xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'd definitely suggest trying the Sleep In Rollers, they add tonnes of volume xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig