10 November 2013

Beauty | Guest Post: Makeup Artist Hayley Campbell's Autumn Essentials

Recently I decided I would like a few guest posts to appear on my blog and I was over the moon when my good friend Hayley said she would like to guest post for me. I met Hayley around two years ago when she was training to become a makeup artist and we became firm friends. In that time Hayley has had a successful career as a MAC makeup artist and is now braving it as a freelance artist. All details of where to find Hayley are included at the bottom of this post and I really recommend checking her out; she is a wonderful artist and a genuinely lovely person.

If you would like to guest post, please email me to discuss.

Oh and you can still enter my 1st blog birthday giveaway *here*

Vicky x

So it looks like Summer is over but its not all doom and gloom. I love changing up my makeup each season and Autumn is always my favourite for revamping my style. Colder weather means that I start to put more layers of clothing and coats on and with that comes the ability to wear a more statement makeup look. I find that accessories that are worn near the face such as hats and scarves can serve as a compliment to makeup and there is no doubt that this season brings more depth and warmth of colour.

I have a selection of makeup essentials which I will be using this season to create a natural but buildable look. This group of products ranges from skin to eyes to lips so all I would add is mascara and maybe false lashes for a more dramatic effect.


L- R Charlotte Tilbury Vintage Vamp eye palette
MAC Rosy Outlook pro longwear blusher
LUSH Honey trap lip balm
MAC Rebel lipstick
Tom Ford illuminating primer
Burberry sheer foundation in Trench 07
This Works in transit camera close up

Skin 

 I love to use the This Works product to prep my skin. It is a mask, moisturiser and primer in one and I believe it works in a similar way to Clarins Beauty flash balm. It smoothes out the appearance of the skin and hydrates it prior to foundation application. 

I then tend to go in a with a bit of Tom Ford illuminating primer because although the This Works does prime the skin I like a dewy radiant finish in the winter months so I use the Tom Ford primer mainly down the centre of my face to control oil but still leave a dewy finish after foundation is applied. 

Burberry sheer foundation is a gorgeous product for a natural makeup look. I like to have a light to medium buildable coverage at this time of year because it allows the natural rosy cheeks to show through but still covers enough to hide any blemishes or redness. This foundation feels so luxurious and I tend to keep it for the winter months as it is more hydrating than my full coverage, matte bases. I like to use my MAC 188 brush to apply this foundation for slightly more coverage.


Eyes

This palette is one of my favourites not only because it was created by makeup extraordinaire Charlotte Tilbury but because the colours truly are beautifully Autumnal. The palette includes 4 colours ranging from a light pearl tone to a deep plum and allows you to use any combination to create your desired look. I love to use all the colours together to create a plum smokey eye and even use the darkest plum as an eyeliner on the Illamasqua angled brush.


Beautiful texture and pigment means that these colours glide onto the eyelid like a dream and stay put!


Cheeks

Rosy cheeks are on trend this season and Rosy Outlook by MAC is the perfect shade to give a subtle but buildable colour. I like to use the colour on the apples of the cheeks and bring the colour slightly upwards towards the temples. I find that this curved shape is most flattering. The blusher is a soft pink with no sheen so it is perfect for daytime providing a natural flush on the cheeks. It is also a pro longwear formula which means I don't have to worry about touching up after walking about in the colder weather!


Lips

Berry tones are my all time favourite for Autumn because they perfectly reflect the tones of this season. I like to wear red and purple undertones, also playing with different lip liners to adjust the depth of colour. My all time favourite berry tone has to be MAC Rebel because it has enough depth to wear as a statement lip on a night out but doesn't look out of place with a smokey eye. I like to wear it both day and evening and especially if I am wearing a big black winter coat I love to look of a pop of colours on the lips to bring the outfit to life! 





I hope you have enjoyed reading about my makeup essentials for this season and please comment below with your favourites so I can add to my ever growing collection! 


x


Here's where you can find Hayley

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. These are some beautiful picks for autumn! Love the tilbury palette xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are aren't they? I need the This Works primer! xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for having me guest post on your blog Vicky! I really enjoyed writing this post :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed reading it! Thank you for offering xx

      Delete
  3. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog! Keep up the great work ♡

    PS: May I invite you to my giveaway?

    Win a SUITSUIT luggage set (value €407) on my blog:

    www.freshminhtea.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really want to try one of Charlotte Tilburys palettes! they look so gorgeous! x
    www.article21.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig