3 January 2014

Beauty | Laura Mercier Ambre Vanille Body & Bath Luxe Quartet

Christmas is always a bit manic, even when it's quiet the hours and days whizz by in a blur of mince pies, wrapping paper, Harry Potter films and family time. If you're anything like me, by the time Boxing Day is over you're ready to take time out  to relax and pamper yourself again before snuggling into a new pair of pyjamas with another box of Quality Street (they've actually released a box of just the Cremes this year - this brought unimaginable joy to my heart).



With that in mind, I couldn't wait to open my new Laura Mercier Body & Bath Luxe Quartet after the festivities had subsided which thankfully arrived just in time to be put to good use. I was down to my last few working hours of 2013 two days before Christmas when I heard one of my favourite phrases uttered in the office: Harrods sale, quickly followed by half-price Laura Mercier. I'd mentioned the Creme Brûlée set in my Christmas Gift Guide but opted for my other favourite, Ambre Vanille on this occasion. I placed my order late afternoon on the 23rd December and by 10am on the 27th December my order had arrived.




The set contains everything you need for a luxurious bath time pamper session: the cult Honey Bath, Body Polish and Souffle Body Creme and a large scented candle.


Ambre Vanille Honey Bath



Honey Bath is one of the most indulgent bath time products on the market. With the wooden dipper, thick honey-like (obviously!) texture and delicious fragrance it's a product that oozes luxury and makes every bath time feel like a real treat.

Packed with moisturising ingredients such as Shea butter and sweet almond protein, skin is left feeling soft and protected whilst all ingredients blend seamlessly together to provide a rich aroma, the vanilla extract comes through to provide a real feeling of warmth.

To use, twirl the honey dipper into the product before adding to running bath water to create rich foaming bath bubbles.

Ambre Vanille Body Polish



As you all know, I love an exfoliating scrub whether it's for face or body and I'm quite particular about the type I like. It has to feel like it's doing something without being harsh or abrasive. I want to feel as though I'm exfoliating but I don't want to feel as though I'm using broken glass to do it. The Laura Mercier Body Polish strikes the perfect balance between the two. With it's thick, creamy texture you know that the scrub is going to be moisturising and good for your skin but the crushed vanilla seeds give it enough of a kick to let you know that it means business, you can feel the scrub working but following the luxury theme, it feels effortless and delicate.

Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil assists with the exfoliation whilst Shea butter and honey help to condition and protect the skin at the same time and much like the Honey Bath, leave your skin feeling unbelievably soft and well looked after.

Ambre Vanille Souffle Body Creme



Moisturising is a real chore for me, I cling to my Vaseline Spray and Go moisturiser as though my life depends on it - it's everything I want for a moisturiser on a daily basis, quick and easy with no fuss and no mess. With that in mind, for me to actually enjoy using a moisturiser it takes something pretty special. 

The Ambre Vanille Souffle Body Creme is divine, utterly divine. I could bathe in the stuff, it smells and feels incredible on the skin and the scent lasts long enough without being overpowering. It's thick without being heavy, whipped without being airy and smooth without being oily. Quite simply, it ticks every single box and it's also packed full of Vitamin derivatives (A, C and E!!), conditioning ingredients such as Grape Seed and Rice Bran Oil and, along with all of the other products in the set, Pro-Vitamin B-5.

I slathered it on after my bath, popped on a fresh pair of PJs and cosy socks and sat watching festive favourites such as Bridget Jones and Love Actually with a cup of tea - complete and utter relaxation.


After a hectic few weeks of burring the candle at both ends, this little black box of bliss was exactly what I needed to recharge my batteries. There's nothing quite like a hot relaxing bath and a few candles to wash away worry and leave you feeling relaxed and refreshed and I honestly cannot recommend the Laura Mercier sets enough. Unfortunately it would appear that they have sold out online (at a staggering 50% off this is little wonder) but the products are available all year round from retailers such as Space NK, Harrods, Selfridges, John Lewis and more.

Have you tried the Laura Mercier Body & Bath sets? Which one is your favourite?

Vicky x
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Oh wow I think I need these beauties! I've always wanted to try some of these products, particularly the Body Creme, it sounds gorgeous! Great post :) xx

    Chloe's Way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely recommend them Chloe, they're gorgeous products and the Body Creme is divine! xx

      Delete
  2. I saw these in House of Fraser - they look like they smell divine; I might treat myself !! Xx

    Candy Cosmetics | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do Catherine! I'd definitely suggest them as a treat, even if you just pop in to smell them you'll be sold! xx

      Delete
  3. I love baths, they're so much better than showers and I love bath products. These look sooo luxurious. The packaging is so pretty too, I really want to try these! xx

    Gymbags and Gladrags | Fitness and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're SO relaxing and luxurious! I prefer baths to showers too, they feel like more of a treat. Let me know which set you pick up if you do xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig