10 February 2014

Beauty | Sweet Heart & Electric Avenue NOTD

A glittery accent nail is my favourite way of jazzing up a subtle nail look. My motto is that things should be kept classy with just the right amount of sparkle thrown in so for me, this is one of my go-to combinations for a quick but effective look.


The pink is Sweet Heart by OPI, a gorgeous soft pink. The only downside is it's very sheer, the above picture shows three coats. It's a lot of effort, especially to create an evenly opaque colour but its so worth it as it's such a classy shade. It looks great on long or short nails and works with any outfit.

The glitter is Electric Avenue from Nails Inc. If you've read my post on it here then you'll know I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love the look of it but I hate the quality. Even in that picture you can see where the polish has shrunk at the tips and bunched itself together. On the plus side, when I apply it over false nails as I have above it doesn't chip quite as easily - every cloud!

What are you current favourite nail polish combinations?

Vicky x

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I LOVE the look of Sweet Heart - shame it's such an effort to apply! Looks great though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! It's a lovely shade, worth the effort x

      Delete
  2. This is SO beautiful!! Need to pick up sweet heart, such a pretty neutral shade! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you angel, it's a lovely shade xx

      Delete
  3. I love an accent nail - whether it's glitter, caviar pearls or something different altogether.

    That Sweet Heart shade is so cute and right up my street. It's definitely on my payday wish list!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! They make a statement without being overpowering.

      It's such a versatile shade, you'll love it xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig