14 February 2014

Review: Garnier Ultimate Beauty Oil Nourishing Scrub & Lotion


I was on my way to Manchester a few weeks ago for the weekend when I realised I hadn't packed a moisturiser. As you'll know, I hate moisturising with a passion so when I headed in to Boots and saw my beloved Vaseline Spray n Go was out of stock I was not a happy bunny but given my recently return from Australia, I didn't want to be a flaky bunny either so I had a quick browse of the body lotions when I spotted the new Garnier Ultimate Beauty Oil range.

Designed to provide intense nourishment and a radiant finish to the skin, both the nourishing scrub and the moisturiser are infused with four beautifying oils: Argan, Macadamia, Almond and Rose to not only provide moisture and encourage the skin to lock in its own moisture, but also to help improve the appearance of the skin.



I may have gone into Boots looking for a moisturiser but once I saw this scrub I couldn't resist picking it up. I absolutely love exfoliating and I'm always looking for something new to try and I have to say, this scrub is a definite winner for me. 

Enriched with cupuacu seeds, this is a gentle scrub but still one that you can feel working. The four oils help the scrub slip over the skin whilst the seeds gently remove any dead skin. There's nothing abrasive about this scrub so if you like something that's gentle but effective, I'd recommend trying this. Simply apply to wet skin, massage in circular motions and rinse off.

As it contains oils this isn's a scrub you'd use before fake tanning and you'd probably also want to stay away from it when you have tan on to prevent the oils from breaking the tan down but this is a great scrub to use in the winter and with it's divine scent, it's perfect to take on holiday too.


It was always going to be harder for the body lotion to win me over than the scrub, simply because I find applying body lotion such a chore but after using and loving the scrub I had high hopes for this lotion and I'm pleased to say that it didn't disappoint.

The pump bottle is my favourite style as it's easy to dispense just the right amount of product and it saves the bottle from slipping out of your hands when they're covered in moisturiser as so often happens with traditional bottles.

The lotion itself is just the right consistency, not a thick cream but not a watery lotion, it's creamy and nourishing without being heavy on the skin or greasy in any way. I found applying this lotion quick and easy and my skin felt incredibly smooth afterwards. 


Both products have become staples on my bathroom shelf and I'll definitely be repurchasing them when they run out. Sometimes the best products are the ones you'd never have normally considered buying!

Have you tried this range? 

Vicky x

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Hi Vicky, I picked up the body lotion and have fallen for it ... big time :) I haven't used anything else since I got it and will definitely be trying the scrub so thanks for the great review! you can check out my review at www.rainbowsandblossoms.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fabulous isn't it Lyndsey! I'll definitely check your review out x

      Delete
  2. Hi Vicky, I picked up the body lotion and have fallen for it ... big time :) I haven't used anything else since I got it and will definitely be trying the scrub so thanks for the great review! you can check out my review at www.rainbowsandblossoms.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you also like the lotion! I'll certainly check your blog out xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig