3 February 2014

Beauty | Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

Before Christmas I was in the middle of one of my regular trips to Space NK when the makeup magpie inside of me was drawn to the Hourglass stand and more specifically, the Ambient Lighting Palette.


The Ambient Lighting Powders from Hourglass have turned into quite the cult product and I've yet to meet or speak to a makeup artist who has tried them and doesn't love them. Despite this I hadn't tried any of them so I thought the Ambient Lighting Palette would be the perfect introduction to the powders.



Comprising three shades (from left to right): Dim Light, the limited edition Incandescent Light and Radiant Light, the powders are universal so suitable for all skin tones.

Designed to mimic the effects of the lighting they are named after, each powder is exceptionally finely milled and is a product of the latest and greatest advances in makeup technology: with photoluminescent technology and a unique ability to create a wonderfully smooth and even appearance to the skin, this palette is like Photoshop in almost traceless powder form.

Soft-focus particles provide a distinct nod to more mature skins whilst also capturing a younger market with the promise of creating an even complexion. The texture of the powder is perfect for mature skin as, it is as I said, incredibly finely milled and doesn't sit in any lines (fine or otherwise), nor does it create a powdery or cakey finish.

I used a tapered brush to apply a light dusting of Dim Light over my face before a night out, whilst I was expecting a beautiful finish I hadn't placed too much faith in the other claims but boy was I about to be surprised. The powder glided on to my skin with ease and the soft-focus particles and photoluminescent technology certainly got to work as my skin looked flawless after I'd finished applying the powder. 


It might be an iPhone picture but for me, you can still see the effects of how well the powder works here.

I've taken to using the palette during the day and at night (although I don't use it every day as I don't want to run out!) and I am delighted with the finish it provides. For me, it's quite a groundbreaking discovery; one of those products that once you try you know you just wouldn't ever want to be without.

Sadly the palette was Limited Edition and is sold out on the Space NK website but I will certainly be picking up one of the single powders, despite the hefty price tag!


Did you pick up the Ambient Lighting Palette? What do you think?

Vicky x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I bought this but ended up sending it back as it was faulty and then never got a new one. Definitely regret it now. The ambient lighting blushers look beautiful too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That's such a shame because it really is beautiful. The blushes look lovely, I've ordered Dim Infusion - are you picking any up? X

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig