5 March 2014

Fashion | Australia Haul: Clothes

I'd really struggled to find summer clothes to take to Australia with me so I knew I'd be hitting the shops once I got there to pick up some summer essentials like shorts and vests which I did, but I also picked up a few key pieces to see me through summer here in the UK. 

Whilst in Perth I fell completely in love with Forever New, I wanted to bring pretty much everything home but unfortunately they don't ship to the UK yet and I had baggage restrictions so I had to pick up my favourite items. I picked all of these items up with the intention of being able to wear them to work and socially with all of them being appropriate for an office environment as well as a wedding, the races or a lunch.

Please excuse the creases, the pictures were taken as I unpacked when I got home!



As soon as I saw this dress I had to have it. From the pleats to the nipped in waist, v-cut back and just above the knee hem I could see this dress being my summer work staple. The colour and print are subtle yet still make an impact.




I was first drawn to this dress by its beautiful colour, and then by the crochet top, fitted waist and flattering cut. The hem falls just above the knee so the dress is suitable for work as well as for a summer lunch or even a day at the races.




This dress reminded me a lot of the Gorgeous Couture dress I wore for my birthday last year and I've been looking for a good quality white dress that I can wear out as well as to work for a good 18 months now so there was no way I was leaving without this dress. The skater style is flattering and the material is heavy enough to hold a good shape.




The perfect summer work skirt. The floral pattern says enough for one outfit so I'll be pairing this with a white silk shirt and nude heels, preferably Louboutin pumps and a simple handbag for summer. 

I then popped into Dotti because I saw this skirt in the window display and I had to have it. I've been looking for something similar here since last summer and I've had no luck so I couldn't not bring this home with me.




The blush colour is perfectly understated whilst the sheer strip adds a fresh twist and keeps the look young as the hem does finish on the knee. I'll be pairing this with a white or cream top and some neutral heels.

I'm super pleased with my purchases and I really can't wait to wear them. I'm sick of the cold weather now, we need some sun back!

Vicky x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Love the floral skirt, it's perfect for spring/summer! The crochet dress is so cute too. I've never heard of Forever New but you've got me wishing they shipped to the UK! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so devastated they don't! I'm lucky enough to have my aunt to send them over to me but I wish they shipped here, they make such gorgeous pieces xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous haul! Such pretty colours! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig