30 March 2014

Recipe | Homemade Peach Iced Tea


There's nothing more refreshing on a sunny day than a glass of peach iced tea (apart from a pitcher of Pimms, or a glass of chilled wine...) but when I looked at the sugar content on a bottle in the supermarket I hastily put it back on the shelf and set about creating my own.

The best thing about making your own, apart from it being more cost effective is that you can control what you put into it and therefore monitor the amount of sugar you add.

You will need
  • A pitcher or jug (I used a small everyday jug from Wilkinson)
  • Glasses
  • Ladle 
  • Straws to serve (optional) 
  • Air tight water jug to store 
Ingredients
  • 4 teabags (black or green, I used black tea for this but green tea works just as well)
  • 5 fresh peaches
  • 1 lemon
  • 500ml boiling water
  • 1 litre iced water
  • Ice to serve (optional)
  • Sugar to taste 
  • Tinned peach syrup (optional - very sugary, look at the label!)

Instructions

1. Boil 500ml of water and pour into a large glass bowl, add your teabags and allow them to stew for 5-10 minutes.

2. Whilst your tea is stewing, slice 4 fresh peaches. You can peel them or leave the skin on, I opted for a mixture of both. Be careful when slicing as the stones can be problematic.

3. Remove your teabags from the bowl and add your peach slices. If you are adding sugar, now is the time to do it and stir until the sugar dissolves in the boiling water. If you are adding peach syrup, add it now and allow the tea to sit for a few minutes, stirring regularly.

4. Add your litre of icy water to the hot tea, squeeze in a few drops of fresh lemon juice and stir.

5. Ladle your ice tea into a pitcher/jug and a few glasses. Serve over ice (optional) and with extra slices of fresh peach and lemon.


I think this would be perfect for a summer party or a picnic and would look lovely served in cute little mason jars.

This is a method I came up with after quite a bit of trial and error trying to find something I liked so you may need to tweak this a little to suit your own taste, for example you may prefer to use tinned peaches and leave out the lemon.

If you try this I'd love to know your thoughts.

Vicky x



SHARE:

8 comments

  1. This sounds lovely (: Can't beat a good glass of Iced Tea (:
    I will definitely have to try making this (: xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Ash! Let me know how you get on xx

      Delete
  2. I love iced tea, it's so refreshing! Favourited your tweet so I could print out the recipe and give it a go one weekend :) You've made me want to go on a picnic now too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of it hun, I've bottled some to put in the fridge at work xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds so tasty!! I'm not craving Iced Tea!!!! I'll have to try this one out.

    Roisin. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think! Xx

      Delete
  4. This looks delicious! I defo have to try this x

    http://mickeyxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on with it x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig