19 March 2014

Beauty | L'Oreal L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipsticks


As an avid reader of US Cosmo I'd been waiting for these little beauties from L'Oreal to land in UK stores so when I spotted them last month in Boots on a 3 for 2 offer I snapped up every colour that was available at the time! Normally I like to pick up one or two and road test them first to see what I think before jumping in feet first and picking them all up but one swatch and I was sold. 


Highly pigmented, glossy without being sticky, lightweight yet opaque and deliciously scented, what isn't to like? L'Oreal state each liquid lipstick is infused with micro-oils and rich pigments to create a product which has the intensity of a lipstick, the shine of a gloss and the softness of a balm.

Similar to the packaging of the Colour Caresse Shine Stains (review here), the packaging is sleek and gold with a clear cut-out to show the true colour of the product which is handy if you're trying to fish one out from the bottom of your handbag. Unlike the Colour Caresse Shine Stains, the L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipsticks have completely won me over! 

On all of the swatches below you'll see just one slick of product (so you will see how opaque they are naturally and how some do sit slightly heavy and gloopy!) I haven't used a lip-liner or made any corrective work to the shape of my mouth.



Top row (l-to-r): 101, 600, 500
Middle row (l-to-r) 601, 201, 401
Bottom: 304

The applicator is heart shaped with a slight well in the centre which holds product and ensures one swipe of liquid lipstick is enough which is a feature I like and dislike at the same time. I like it because it actually creates quite an accurate shape and it does provide a glossy, pigmented finish but I dislike the way it holds quite a lot of product. You can see in pretty much every picture that patch of heavy product build up on the bottom lip. It's easy enough to work in and avoid but I wanted to keep it in to show you.

The more neutral shades have less staying power than the brighter colours but all shades leave a stain behind which lasts at least 8 hours. The glossy finish does fade as the time wears on, especially with eating and drinking which is to be expected but actual colour transfer is minimal.

I've found the L'Extraordinaire stays hydrating and doesn't crack or dry out as many liquid lipsticks can do and it isn't sticky which I think is the stand-out point for me. There are a lot of similar products on the market like this but I find them sticky initially and drying eventually so L'Oreal have the balance just right with these.

With 9 shades to choose from there is something to suit everyone and at £8.99 they're a fraction of the price of high end favourites.

Have you tried the L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipsticks? What are your thoughts?

Vicky x
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. These look gorgeous! It's good to know the formulation is on point too :)

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formulation was so important to me. Too many of these products are sticky and unpleasant to wear x

      Delete
  2. Aren't they fab!!!!! Sadly I only bought the 1.....wish I got them all now. Im in love!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh which shade? You should definitely pick them up when they're on offer xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look totally fabulous! I have heard so much about them but as you said a bit skeptical about trying them at first, but they sound really great! As a nude lover think I may be going to purchase one of these! x

    http://thatcurlyygirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know which one you go for Jess! 101 is my every day shade x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig