4 May 2014

Beauty | MAC Tag

MAC remain one of my go-to brands for both myself and my professional kit. Whilst I like to mix it up and have a wide variety of brands to choose from, I know I can rely on MAC and like to always have it to hand.

I wasn't tagged by anybody specific for this and I won't be tagging anybody but if you give this a go leave your link below because I'd like to see your answers/

image: Google


1. How long have you been using MAC?
I've used MAC for years now, I picked up my first ever MAC item in New York in 2007, it was a lipgloss in the shade Jellybabe. It's since been discontinued but I have a few stored away!

2. What was your first MAC purchase?
Oops, looks like I jumped the gun there with question 1. It was a lipgloss in the shade Jellybabe.

3. What is your favourite MAC product?
It's between Face and Body foundation and Petticoat Mineralise Skin Finish which is hands down one of the best cheek products ever created. 

4. What is your least favourite MAC product?
Aside from Face and Body I'm not a huge fan of the foundations.

5. Do you have a pro card?
Yes and I worked very hard for it.

6. What is your MAC foundation shade?
N3 in Face and Body.

7. What is your favourite MAC foundation?
Face and Body.

8. What is your favourite MAC eyeshadow?
Probably Vanilla as it's a great base colour.

9. What is your favourite MAC lipstick?
This is so tough, I love so many different shades. I'm going to say Impassioned for a bright and Modesty for a neutral.

10. What is your favourite MAC lipgloss?
Boy Bait, it's a gorgeous nude.

11. What is your favourite MAC eyeliner?
Teddy pencil smudged out.

12. What is your favourite MAC brush?
The 150 powder brush without a shadow of a doubt. It's my every day blusher brush and I would never be without it.

13. What is your favourite MAC nail lacquer?
Blue India, it came out years ago but remains a firm favourite. It's such a unique colour, I've never seen another nail polish the same shade. 

14. What is your favourite MAC Pro product?
This is too tough, I honestly can't pick just one.

15. What has been your favourite MAC collection to date?
I tend not to follow the collections so I can't say.

16. Which MAC collection have you found disappointing?
As above, I don't follow them.

17. What product(s) do you think MAC are missing?
I think they have pretty much all bases covered, especially in the Pro stores. If anything I think they could improve their foundations, mascaras and skin care. 

Comment on the MAC products below - have you used them and what do you think of them?

Prep + Prime Skin
I've used it and I'm not a huge fan personally, it's too glittery for me. My nan tried some once and she now swears by it and it doesn't look glittery on her at all but it isn't to my taste.

Studio Sculpt Foundation
I have used this and I like it for photoshoots but not on myself. I find the coverage too heavy, it reacts badly to my skin and it smells vile.

Face and Body Foundation
The only MAC foundation I truly like. A staple in my kit and one of my favourite foundations for myself. I love how versatile it is.

Mineralise Satin Finish Foundation
I've never tried this. I've seen it a few times and heard a lot about it but it's not something I'm keen to try.

Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation
I use this and I love it. I apply it over a foundation for a night out for a really flawless finish.

Sculpting Powder
Fantastic products, really natural shades to create a natural, buildable contour.

Shaping Powder
Perfectly compliments the Sculpting Powders. I'm a fan.

Pressed Blot Powder
Love this product, it's photographs really well and it's great for every day.

Mineralise Skin Finish
I love these, Petticoat is my all time favourite but sadly it was Limited Edition and sadly they haven't brought it back for ages.

Bronzing Powder
I used this when I was training but I've never gone out and bought it. I wasn't blown away by it, I think there are better products out there.

Powder Blush
I have a few blush palettes and I do love them. They're super pigmented and blendable.

Cream Colour Base
I have a few and I like them but I wouldn't necessarily recommend them. There are other products out there that are just  as good if not better.

Studio Finish Concealer
I've used it but I'm not a huge fan.

Lipstick
I have loads of MAC lipsticks and I do like them. I know a lot of people think they're too expensive now but they're still in the middle of high street and high end.

Lipglass/dazzleglass/cremesheenglass
I've used them all in a range of shades and I like them but they're not my favourites.

Lip Pencil
I love the MAC Lip Pencils. Beet is one of my favourites, it's so versatile.

Solar Bits(?)
I've never used these.

Nail Lacquer
I really like them actually, they're great quality.

Shadestick
I never really liked these.

Pigment
I have quite a few of these in my kit but I prefer the Illamasqua ones.

Eye Kohl
Used, not a fan.

Fluidline
I have a few but they dry out SO quickly. Don't bother with them.

False Lashes
I've loads of these hanging around but I don't actually rate them! There are so many brands out there that make better lashes.

Pro Lash/Zoom Lash/Dazzle Lash/Plush Lash
Used all of the above and don't like any. I'm not a fan of MAC mascara at all.


Leave your link below if you try this, I'd love to read your answers and I hope mine and my insight has helped you if you're unsure about a certain purchase.

Vicky x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig