7 May 2014

Fashion | WIWTW: Dotti Meets Dorothy

A few weeks ago the sun finally put his hat on and made an appearance and I couldn't wait to get my legs out in a pretty skirt and enjoy the first bit of warmth in the UK this year. I posted this picture on Instagram (I've now set up a blog specific one - beautyblogbrunette so please follow) and it was really popular so I thought I'd share with you all too in my first WIWTW (What I Wore to Work).


Skirt - Dotti
Shirt - Dorothy Perkins
Shoes - New Look

I'd had visions of wearing this skirt with a plain white camisole but temperatures hadn't risen that much so I paired it with this shirt from Dorothy Perkins instead and I really like the contrast between the soft colours and full shape of the skirt and the crisp white and black of the shirt.

It can be tough finding summer clothes that are also work appropriate, particularly in an office environment but I think this is ideal. A few people have asked what sort of things I wear to work and they're mainly this but if you would like to see a week in work outfits, please let me know.

What do you wear to work in the summer?

Vicky x
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I love this outfit! the skirt is so cute. It's nice to see someone in an office wearing something that isn't a dull trouser suit!

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! It's not the easiest environment to dress for so I like to make it fun x

      Delete
  2. What a pretty outfit! I would love to see work outfit posts actually! Xx

    Carly from Carly's Beauty World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carly, I'll definitely try and take some more! xx

      Delete
  3. Love the skirt! Lovely work outfit. xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit - the skirt is so pretty. And I totally agree about finding office appropriate summer clothes - I've still not braved bare legs this year... Would be great if you could do a weeks worth of outfits for inspo! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. I went from bare legs one day to trousers the next, such is life here I guess! I'll definitely try and take some more pics for inspo xx

      Delete
  5. Hi beautiful,
    I was just browsing through & stumbled upon your lovely blog - It looks gorgeous and it has interesting posts that I can relate to. I'm now following you via gfc, keep in touch love x

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig