19 September 2014

Recipe | Bacon and Avocado Toast

This is my favourite brunch and makes a great snack in the week too. It's super simple and tasty and you'll be left wondering why you've never tried it before!





Ingredients
  • A small sourdough loaf
  • 2 small, ripe avocados 
  • As much streaky bacon as you want (I use unsmoked)
  • A good handful of cherry tomatoes
  • The juice of half a lemon
  • Chilli flakes
  • Salt and pepper to taste


Instructions

1. Cut your avocados in half, remove the stone and squeeze them out of their skins into a small bowl. Mash the avocados up before adding in a sprinkling of chilli flakes, the juice of half a lemon and a pinch of ground sea salt and cracked black pepper. I like to do this first so that my avocado can sit in the flavours whilst the bacon cooks.

2. Turn your grill on high (don't make my mistake if you have a grill/top oven and turn the oven on and wonder why nothing is happening for five minutes!) and cook your bacon for around ten minutes until golden and crispy, make sure you turn it at least once. 

3. Place a few cherry tomatoes on the grill with your bacon, I like to start them whole and then when I turn my bacon, I take them out, chop them in half and pop them back under the grill.

4. When your bacon is nearly done, slice your sourdough and toast well. Whilst your bread is toasting, roughly chop some fresh cherry tomatoes into quarters. 

5. Remove your bacon and tomatoes from the grill. Slather your toasted sourdough slices in avocado, top with bacon and freshly chopped cherry tomatoes. Add your grilled tomatoes and an extra slice of bacon to the side and tuck in.

Obviously you don't have to add the bacon, it's still delicious without it. If I opt not to have bacon I like to add in some fresh mozzarella and some basil leaves.

Vicky x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh this looks delicious. I have to go grocery shopping today and I will definitely pick up these things to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it went well, it's super yummy! x

      Delete
  2. mmmm that looks delicious!!!!! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig