15 April 2015

Beauty | Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Treatment Mask*

I’ve been using Antipodes products for years now and it’s a love story that has weathered flirtations with other brands but ultimately one I always return to (I live for their hand creams!) if I’m looking for a good quality product that will be effective and also kind to my skin. 




When the Nutrition Centre contacted me to ask if I’d like to try the Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Treatment Mask* I gratefully accepted. I’ve wanted to try Manuka honey as a skincare ingredient for quite some time having read quite a few articles on it’s benefits from helping to reduce scarring and blemishes to providing excellent hydration to the skin, Manuka honey is one of those wonder ingredients that does a lot – it’s also fantastic for a sore throat and has other various health benefits. 

Antipodes advise smoothing a thick layer across your face and next twice a week or as often as necessary, I use it once every 7-10 days as it is very hydrating and my skin isn’t particularly lacking in moisture so I find any more than that a little bit too much for me personally. After cleansing my face and then washing again with warm water to ensure there is no trace of makeup or cleanser on my skin I apply a generous layer of the mask to my face and neck, avoiding my eyes and mouth and just sit back for 15 to 20 minutes. 

The mask smells absolutely incredible, I’m not the hugest fan of honey as I find the smell of it completely overpowering and off-putting but the mask smells more like a freshly cut vanilla pod which is no surprise given that vanilla and mandarin are the essential oils providing fragrance. I tend to pop this on at the same time as a hair mask and potter about for a bit or sit and read some new blog posts. When it’s time to remove, the mask actually comes off very easily and doesn’t leave behind any residue which a lot of face masks can. 




 My skin feels incredible smooth and soothed after and looks plump and fresh which in turn makes me feel refreshed and relaxed: it’s definitely a mask to use of an evening when you’ve nothing else to do rather than before a big night out. 

I’ve already purchased a back-up from Selfridges because I know now that I won’t want to be without this mask! I might even try to incorporate Manuka honey into my diet because if it makes my skin look this good then imagine the health benefits it must have! 

You can purchase the Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Treatment Mask from the Nutrition Centre for £22.98. 


Vicky x


*PR Sample* 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig