19 May 2015

Travel | A long weekend in Bath

If you follow me on Instagram then you will have seen that a few weekends ago I headed off for a long weekend in Bath. Having not really taken any time off work since I went to Australia last year (yes, you read that correctly, I haven't had a holiday since January 2014...) I couldn't wait to get away and spend some time away from London.
Royal Crescent


After being stuck in traffic, it took us about 5 hours to get to Bath from London so by the time we arrived all we wanted to do was have a shower, a relatively early dinner and get an early night. Top tip if you're going to Bath - book your restaurants in advance, we called about 30 places on Saturday night and only managed to get a booking when somebody else cancelled.

On Saturday night we went to Hudson's, it's a steakhouse and the food is lovely. I had a delicious tomato and mozzarella starter, a lovely chicken main and a divine eton mess!


We had more time on Sunday so headed off to visit the Roman Baths which was fantastic, I absolutely love history and to visit somewhere with so much history was perfect for me. I spent hours just wandering around, reading all of the information, listening to the guided tour and just taking everything in.


Bath is a lovely city to just walk around and explore, there's so many great little boutiques and cafes that I absolutely loved. I think living in London you can often lose the personal touch with things on a day to day basis so it was really lovely to have that. The only thing I was disappointed about was that the Gin Bar didn't open on Sunday's and I was really looking forward to visiting but then I guess it's an added reason to go back!


On Sunday night we headed for dinner at the Royal Crescent Hotel which was so wonderful I'm dedicating a post just to that so keep your eyes peeled.

Monday was by far my favourite day as we visited the Thermae Spa which was beyond incredible. As we didn't have long before we had to head home, we bought a 2 hour spa pass and made use of the swimming pools, including the roof top one which you really must check out and the aromatherapy steam rooms. I will definitely be heading back here for a full day of treatments before this year is out!

Have you ever been to Bath - where are your favourite places?

Vicky x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've never been to Bath but it's one of the places in the UK I've always wanted to go to. Looks like you had a lovely time - and a much needed break! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to go, you'd love it! Very well deserved break! xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig