3 May 2015

Recipe | Homemade Turkey Pesto Burgers

I’m not a big fan of turkey but I managed to come up with something that tastes incredible and takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish making it ideal to whip up after a long day at work. My basil pesto and mozzarella turkey burgers are, quite simply, the one!



Ingredients

  • Turkey mince (I use a whole pack and make extra to freeze)
  • 4 tablespoons basil pesto 
  • 3 cloves minced garlic
  • Generous pinch of sea salt
  • 80-100g super finely grated parmesan cheese
  • Ciabatta bread, cut into squares
  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • A ball of fresh mozzarella
  • Tomato slices

Instructions

1. Pre-heat your grill by setting it to high and popping your grill tray in to heat up.

2. Combine your turkey mince, parmesan, minced garlic, salt and 2 tablespoons of the pesto in a large bowl and use your hands to combine all of the ingredients (I find latex disposable gloves come in very handy, no pun intended, here if like me you don’t like touching raw meat).

3. Shape your mince into burgers, keep them about a half inch thick and round so that they fit onto your ciabatta squares nicely.

4. Place your burgers onto the hot grill and cook for 10-15 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink. Pop a slice of mozzarella onto each burger and place back under the grill until the cheese melts – at the same time you add your cheese, brush your ciabatta squares with olive oil and throw (not literally) them in too so that they toast slightly.

5. Mix your remaining pesto and olive oil together to create a more liquid pesto. Remove your burgers and bread from the grill. Arrange your turkey burger onto your ciabatta square, top with tomato and drizzle with the pesto/oil mix. Alternatively, you can spread the mix onto the ciabatta and then top with the burger and tomato slice.

Serve with a side salad and wash down with my peach iced tea.

Vicky x
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I don't really like turkey either, as it's always too dry. These burgers look and sound amazing though! I keep meaning to try your peach iced tea recipe too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try it, they're not dry at all. I think the pesto and the Parmesan help keep it moist. Oh you have to try the iced tea too, it's so refreshing for summer xx

      Delete
  2. Yum! These looks so tasty. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so, so incredible Vicky. I am obsessed with pesto and love turkey... these need to be made ;)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm obsessed with pesto too! I avoided it for years just thinking I wouldn't like it but I love it! Let me know how you get on if you make them xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig