21 May 2015

Restaurant Review | The Dower House at The Royal Crescent Hotel, Bath

Following on from my previous post about my long weekend in Bath I simply had to dedicate an entire post to the restaurant we visited on Sunday night because it is one of the best, and potentially the most beautiful, restaurants I've ever been to.

The drawing room at The Royal Crescent Hotel

Located at The Royal Crescent Hotel, the concierge leads you through the hotel into the garden which is beautifully kept and lined with fairy lights into The Dower House where the restaurant is located. We were greeted at the door by the head waiter/sommelier who took our coats and lead us through to the bar where we ordered perfectly mixed cocktails (a peach bellini and an espresso martini) and were presented with the best canapés I've ever had - I'm a bit of a canapé fiend and have been known to base my attendance at events solely on who is doing the canapés... 


Because I'm a serious fussy pants we had to go for the all day dining menu rather than the dinner menu which sounded incredible but consisted of mostly fish and as I don't eat any fish or seafood I was a bit limited on choice but I managed to pick from the all day menu and was very happy with my choices.

As it was a Sunday night we had one of the dining rooms to ourself and there were only two or three other people in the main dining room. We had views over the garden and a super personalised service which just made me love it even more as we were able to watch the sun set and look out onto the gardens as they started to light up.


My starter was the best thing I've eaten for ages and would have been more than sufficient as a main course so to avoid being a complete little piggy, I decided to share my food so that we could both experience how amazing it was. I went for the Serrano ham with pickled roots and radish, a sweet onion chutney and hot butter sour dough. 

For main I opted for a burger and whilst it tasted incredible, the fact I removed everything from it didn't make for the most attractive picture so you'll have to conjure up your own images! I was super full from my starter so I didn't even get half-way through the burger although I did demolish the triple cooked chips!


Despite not finishing my main, I really wanted a dessert (there's a surprise) so we shared a seasonal fruit plate and was amazed to find that dragon fruit, one of my favourites, was included. I also learned that passion fruit and honey dew melon make an amazing combination! 

The food was absolutely incredible, the service was incredible and the location and setting was better than any I've experienced elsewhere and that includes The Shard! If you're in Bath or looking for somewhere to go for a special occasion such as an anniversary or special birthday then I honestly cannot recommend it enough, I just wish it was closer!

Vicky x

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This place looks lovely! And you've made me really hungry now haha! I'm the same when it comes to burgers too.. I pull everything out and then eat the burger and the bun separately - I get a lot of funny looks haha!! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautiful, if you're ever in Bath you must go. I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! I just can't eat them in one! xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig