18 June 2015

Recipe | Acai Breakfast Bowl

As my most well received Instagram post to date (at the time of writing, the picture had 59 likes which is nothing to some people but absolutely unheard of for me!) and one post that was actually requested (yes, this is for you Luce! x) I wanted to share my first ever acai bowl with you.


I am in no way a nutritionist as my diet probably conveys so I'm not going to reel off the list of benefits associated with acai berries, what I do know is that in my bid and try and improve my general fitness and nutrition I'm paying slightly more attention to what food I put into my body and after much research I decided that an acai bowl would be my kind of breakfast. You get the freedom to add whatever fruits and nuts suit your personal tastebuds, you can make it look pretty and it's actually super quick as well as being very good for you and leaving you fuller for longer.

I opted for the Bioglan Superfood's Acai Powder with Goji, Pomegranate and Blueberries which I picked up on a trip to Holland & Barrett. I was a complete rabbit in the headlights and grabbed the first acai powder I saw - I have to say I find health food shops quite intimidating and whilst the staff were lovely I just wanted to get in and out. Acai powder isn't the cheapest but you only need a tiny amount and if there's one thing worth investing in it's your health and wellbeing. 

What you're basically creating is a thick smoothie with toppings and the results are so delicious I might be waving goodbye to Pret breakfast muffins once and for all....

You will need
  • A blender, I used my Blend-Active to whizz up my acai base
Ingredients - for the smoothie bowl
  • 2 teaspoon acai powder
  • 1 and a half cup natural yoghurt (I used Yeo Valley 0%)
  • 2 bananas 
  • A handful of frozen berries (I used strawberries)
Ingredients - topping
  • Half a passion fruit
  • 1 kiwi fruit
  • 1 banana
  • Handful fresh raspberries
  • Handful fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
  • Handful fresh pomegranate 
  • Handful granola
  • Tablespoon chia seeds (I initially picked up the most expensive bag in H&B but then found a little diddy bag for £2.99 and I can see it lasting ages)
Instructions 

1. Add your natural yoghurt, bananas, frozen berries and acai powder to your blender and blitz for a few seconds. Don't over blend or it'll be too runny.

2. Wash, dry and prepare your fruit toppings.

3. Pour your acai smoothie mix into a bowl and add your prepared toppings. Obviously you can use the toppings of your choice and the possibilities are endless, use whatever suits your personal taste.

4. Enjoy and spend the rest of the day feeling very self-righteous healthy.

I hope you enjoyed my acai bowl guide; it's super simple and so tasty!

If you give this a go, please let me know - tag me in your Instagram pics!

Vicky x
SHARE:

2 comments

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig