2 June 2015

Recipe | Homemade Panna Cotta

I absolutely love Panna Cotta, if it's on a menu then chances are I won't even look at what else is on offer I'll just go straight for that. Despite the fact it's my go-to dessert of choice I'd never considered making it myself until recently and I was surprised at how easy it is!

The perfect dessert to make if you're trying to impress or just fancy something a little special yourself.



You will need
  • Tumblers to serve
Ingredients 
  • 480ml double cream
  • 50g caster sugar
  • Half vanilla pod
  • Half tablespoon unflavoured powdered gelatine
  • 2 tablespoon cold water
  • 130g frozen raspberries and blackberries
  • 30g caster sugar
  • 15g jam sugar
  • Teaspoon vanilla bean paste
Instructions 

1. Combine the double cream and 50g of the caster sugar in a saucepan on a medium heat. 

2. Cut your vanilla pod down the centre and scrape the seeds out, add them and the pod to your cream and sugar mixture and bring the cream to a simmer. Make sure you stir continuously to help dissolve the sugar. Remove the vanilla bean pod and turn the heat off but leave the saucepan to take in any residual heat.

3. Add the cold water to a medium sized bowl and add the gelatine, leave the mixture to sit for 7-10 minutes, make sure you do not stir it.

4. Pour the cream mixture into the bowl with the gelatine and stir until the gelatine has dissolved, 

5. Pour your cream mixture into tumblers and put into the fridge for a few hours to set. You can leave them overnight if you want to.

6. Add your frozen berries to a saucepan with your vanilla bean paste, jam and caster sugars and heat on a medium to high heat until the berries have started to melt and fall apart to form a compote and the sugar has dissolved. I like to leave a few berries whole so I don't mash my berries or forcefully stir them. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.

7. When you're ready to serve your panna cottas remove them from the fridge and top with your compote before serving.

Super simple and really tasty, the recipe above will make 4 panna cotta.

If you try this I'd love to know how you get on.

Vicky x 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Mmmm, this looks so yummy, I will get my bf to make this for me on the weekend, haha! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, they're so good! Let me know how he gets on with it xx

      Delete
  2. I am going to attempt this for sure! I am new to your blog and I am loving it, you have a new follower :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Let me know how you get on with it and thanks so much for following xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig