25 October 2015

Beauty | Discover Tarte: 7 piece collection*

A few weeks ago I came home to a very unexpected but very much appreciated gift from Tarte Cosmetics: their new limited edition 7 piece collection designed as an introduction to the brand.


The collection consists of 7 full sized products and has your full face covered (literally) with base, eyes, lips and cheeks all included in the collection which comes in a handy patent purple makeup bag which I haven't pictured.



Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation and Airbuki Bamboo Powder Foundation Brush 

This foundation was the stand-out product for me. I've never used a mineral foundation before and I tend not to enjoy powder foundation so I was a little concerned that I wouldn't like this but I couldn't have been more wrong. Not only does the product apply and blend like a dream, it provides such a flawless finish without looking cakey or unnatural. 

The product is dispensed through a flexible mesh which you press the brush into before tapping off any excess and buffing it on to your face in circular motions. The short and densely packed bristles are incredibly soft yet the flat top and dense packing of the bristles make sure the brush is sturdy and easy to use.

Amazonian Clay Eye and Cheek Palette and Double Ended Eye Shadow Brush

This limited edition eye and cheek palette is utterly divine. For such a makeup fiend I'm not actually the biggest fan of wearing eye shadow and as such I tend to only wear it for nights out but the six shades in this palette are perfect day time shades but can easily be blended and layered to create a bolder look for night time. My favourite colours were the mauve tones but the warmer shades are equally as beautiful. The eye shadows are designed to mattify oil which makes the eye shadows super long lasting.

The Amazonian Clay blushers are amongst my favourite blushers on the market so I was delighted to see one included in this kit because I simply can't get enough of them. They're perfectly pigmented and last for up to 12 hours on the skin. 

I really liked using the double ended eye shadow brush too, as with the airbuki brush, the bristles were exceptionally soft and made blending the eye shadows an absolute dream.

Silk Amazonian Clay Eyeliner

With a smudger and built-in sharper, this black brown eyeliner glides on like a dream and blends out to create the perfect base for a smokey eye. The deep brown shade works really well with blue eyes and is a lot less harsh than black making it ideal for day time wear as well.

Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 mascara

This mascara is my favourite Tarte product I've ever tried and hands down one of the best mascaras I have ever used. I was fortunate enough to try this before and I've asked friends to bring it back from the US for me before so to have another one was an absolute joy. The mascara is infused with plant botanicals and waxes which make the mascara super moisturising and kind to your own lashes. 

Coconut Oil Lipstick

Putting this lipstick on was like running a knife through hot butter: incredible. It was so smooth and easy to apply with a high gloss finish and excellent pigmentation, this is going to be my go-to winter lip colour.

You can purchase this excellent set from QVC online for £51.00 - it would make an ideal Christmas present for the makeup lovers in your life.

Have you tried anything from Tarte? What are your favourite products?

Vicky x

* Item was sent by Tarte as a gift
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I haven't tried any tarte products yet but I really want to now!! My make up list is just growing and growing!

    Roisin x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good, I fully recommend everything I've tried x

      Delete
  2. I am expecting my first Tarte products from Sephora today and I am really excited about it! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! What did you order? X

      Delete
  3. I haven't actually tried anything from Tarte but it looks gorgeous - I really love the gold packaging xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their products are so lovely, you've got to try them if you get the chance xx

      Delete
  4. their 7 piece collection is so gorgeous! i really want the palette. absolutely beautiful packaging!
    chris | heychrislately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, so much thought has gone into every part of it x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig