6 November 2015

Recipe | Greek Salad Turkey Burgers

Earlier this year I shared with you my pesto and mozzarella burgers and whilst November may now be upon us I refuse to let go of my love for salads yet even I can acknowledge that more substantial food is required at this time of year and that is where my Greek salad turkey burgers come into play.


Turkey burgers are one of my favourite things to make as a quick meal after work as they are so quick and easy and provide such a flavourful meal - one of the best things apart turkey mince (apart from it being low in fat) is that you can really season it and make it taste delicious as it isn't as overpowering as a red meat for example.

You will need 
  • Turkey mince (I use a whole pack - this recipe makes 6 burgers so you can freeze some)
  • A red onion
  • 2 tsp minced garlic 
  • Dried oregano 
  • Dried dill
  • A chunk of feta cheese
  • A handful of sundried tomatoes
  • Cucumber, fresh tomatoes and olives (optional)
  • A burger bun (I opted for a piece of ciabatta bread)
  • A pot of Greek Yoghurt (I like Yeo Valley)
  • Salt and ground black pepper
  • Half a lemon
Instructions


1. In a small bowl combine the Greek yoghurt with a tablespoon of dill and a teaspoon of minced garlic, I used minced garlic from a jar for added flavour. Mix until combined and set aside.

2. Chop half of your red onion and your handful of sundried tomatoes, season with salt and lemon juice and set aside.

3. Place your mince in a large bowl and season well with salt and black pepper. Add in a teaspoon of minced garlic and a teaspoon of your dried oregano. 

4. Add your chopped onion and sundried tomatoes to the mince and crumble in half of your feta cheese. Use your hands to mix until everything is well incorporated.

5. Take handfuls of the mix and shape into burgers, pressing them down to approximately an inch thick.

6. Heat your grill and when it is sizzling hot, add your burgers and cook, turning occasionally. I used a George Foreman grill and found it to be the easiest way.

7. Whilst your burgers are cooking, quickly chop up a side salad using the traditional elements of a Greek salad: cucumber, the remaining red onion, tomatoes, the remaining feta and olives if you like them. Place in a small bowl and drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and a sprinkling of oregano.

8. Slather your ciabatta in your Greek yoghurt mix and top with a burger and salad. Enjoy!!

Do you like turkey burgers? What is your favourite flavour combination? 

Vicky x

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. These look delicious! I haven't tried making my own turkey burgers before but I think I may have to give this recipe a go. (: xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give them a go, they're so easy and tasty x

      Delete
  2. Mmm these sound amazing! Greek food is he best : ) xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good and so quick, I love them! X

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig