2 November 2015

Restaurant Review | Gin and Jam Afternoon Tea at Hush Mayfair

On Saturday my friend Lucy and I had a much needed catch up. We both love afternoon tea so it was the natural choice of activity and as between us we've probably covered half of the venues in London we set about finding a new venue.



I've been to Hush once or twice for after work cocktails and it's a real secret gem, nestled away between Brook Street and New Bond Street, it's actually directly behind Victoria's Secret but you feel miles away from the hustle and bustle of some of London's busiest shopping streets. 


Afternoon tea is served in the Silver Room and as we had quite a late booking many of the tables had been dressed for dinner and there was only one other party there so it lacked the usual ambiance of afternoon tea somewhat but that didn't deter us.


As we'd booked using the London Festival of Food offer we had two cocktails instead of one with our tea for the usual price of £35. The cocktail menu was pretty succinct with only five offerings but the menu in itself was absolutely stunning on gorgeous heavy paper that shone as the light hit it. With my wedding planning course underway I instantly thought it would make beautiful invitation paper.


We were presented with a house cocktail to start that was called something like "The White Rabbit" (I can't remember exactly) and it was Hush Boutique Gin and strawberry jam amongst other things. I love a gin cocktail and this really hit the spot. It was a little strong but that doesn't bother me too much! I also loved the presentation of the tea cup on the wine glass stem - very quirky.


There was a great selection of food on offer with four different types of sandwich: chicken and tarragon on sourdough, cucumber and butter on white bread, egg mayonnaise on brown bread and salmon and cream cheese on wholemeal; two scones each with fresh clotted cream and a selection of jams including strawberry, gooseberry, cherry and apricot; four mini macarons and an earl grey creme brûlée each.


It doesn't look particularly appetising but the chicken and tarragon was by far and away my favourite, I could have quite happily eaten a whole tray of them on their own!


From the selection of six teas I chose the Emperor's Tea, a black tea with vanilla and spice. Given how warming and comforting it was I found it to also be refreshingly light and easy to drink.


When it came to picking our second cocktail from the menu I went for the Paddington Bear: Hush Boutique Gin, amaretto, orange juice and marmalade (obvs) and it was delicious. It came served in a titchy little jam jar with a piece of candied orange and it was just wonderful.

The service from the team at Hush was excellent, the fact they only had two tables to cover may have played a part in that but I honestly can't fault how friendly and helpful they were. 

I think I'll be going back to Hush soon to try out their dinner menu or their bottomless bellini bruch!

Where do you like to go for afternoon tea?

Vicky x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love how perfectly you photographed everything. And omg, bottomless brunch - I need this! Thank you again for organising it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you doll. Yes bottomless brunch is definitely a must! Xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig