6 January 2016

Beauty | Antipodes Performance Plus Mineral Foundation*

Before Christmas I was very kindly sent the Antipodes Performance Plus Mineral Foundation* in Medium Beige to try. If you recall my Tarte* post from October (here) you'll know that I was impressed by their mineral powder foundation and being such a huge fan of Antipodes I was super excited to try their offering despite never using any of their makeup products before.


Powder foundations can be a little bit messy to apply so Antipodes smartly suggest that you tip some of the powder into the lid, swirl the natural hair Kabuki Brush* through the powder and then buff onto the skin using circular motions. With all mineral products; the more you work the powder into the skin the more it will work for you resulting in a lovely medium finish.

One of the things I liked most about this foundation is that it doesn't feel like you're wearing anything on your skin (that isn't to say I usually wear heavy foundation!) so it really does give the "second skin" feeling that it claims to. The other thing I really loved is that unlike other foundations that can break down and wear off during the day, this actually looks better and better as the day goes on.

You have four shades to choose from so it isn't the most encompassing shade range but it does cater for both cool and warm skin tones; I went for medium beige as I planned to tan over Christmas and it's a great colour match even when I'm not tanned as I go for less coverage.


As with all Antipodes products I've tried there is some pretty impressive skincare science going on in this product, packed with antioxidants and super fruit goodness the Performance Plus foundation is incredibly kind to all skin types, including those with sensitive skin.

Finally, the foundation contains SPF15 which is exactly what I want from a day time foundation, I tend to forgo any foundation with SPF in for an evening event or anything where there will be flash photography but for every day wear I want that extra protection.

My second mineral powder foundation has been just as enjoyable as the first and I'm really enjoying using this product; I tend to prefer a more full coverage look for work but for weekends this will be my go-to foundation! 

I've got to be honest, I would never have previously considered Antipodes for makeup but I've totally changed my mind now as it's just as good as their skincare.

Antipodes Perfomance Plus Mineral Foundation is available here and retails at £26.00

Have you tried any makeup from Antipodes? What do you think of mineral foundations?

Vicky x

* PR Sample


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig